The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHardest Accents?

50 16088
crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

This thread is about the world's accents and the hardest to do. I'm Australian, and i have heard TONNES of people fail miserably at our accent, but because i speak with it naturally, i don't know how hard it is to do, so could someone please tell me how hard the Australian accent is to mimic? And any other accents that are very easy/hard to speak in.

For me, when i can't do an accent properly, i for some reason go straight to doing an Indian accent, dunno why. Plu i find the Indian accent the easiest to mimic. The hardest i know of would probably be Swedish, i dont know why, but it's just hard to do.

• 50 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

New Zealand accents are actually really easy for me to do.

I'd love to hear you imitate the vernacular of an Islander from South Auckland.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

@Knight_34 in the video you posted most of it sounded like American English to me. It's a light accent I guess?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

well... im really good with accents. maybe because i speak 3 languages that sound really different. the hardest one for me would be the switzerland german accent. since i speak german with the normal accent i just cant do the other one. the easiest accents for me are: american english hebrew arabic german and japanese.

Snowe
Snowe
15 posts
Nomad

I find Arab accents the hardest to do for sure. The easiest accents in the world to do are Slavic, but this is true for me because I speak fluent Russian, so of course it comes naturally to me

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I find all accents hard to do except the Canadian one, which is probably because I'm Canadian.

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

The hardest i know of would probably be Swedish, i dont know why, but it's just hard to do.

Scandinavian accents are hard to mimic. I've learned Swedish since I was four and I still don't have a perfect accent. So even if you've learned the language it's hard.

In my opinion it would be Russian or French.

One easy though would be Indian, and I have a friend who said I had a perfect Australian accent.
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I consider the French accent quite easy, the two basic elements are saying the "r" like "rg" and the "th" like "z" (e.g. the --> ze).

In my opinion Scottish and Southern American accents are the most difficult.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

In my opinion I find British accents the hardest to pull off. I know, ironic, right? But I'm terrible at Irish and Scottish accents. Also, there are so many different English dialects.. I'm sure when you non-British people try a British accent it's only ever the Queen's English?
Well try doing a Scouse, Brummie, Geordie, Hackney or Yorkshire accent.

bacobit
bacobit
1,671 posts
Nomad

I think South African is impossible, it's like British and irish combined.

loganada
loganada
186 posts
Nomad

Icelandic is tough, have you seen any icelandic words? Its like a tornado went through a word and ****ed it up

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

This is a good accent coach video.

[url]http://www.videojug.com/user/GarethJameson[/url]

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

1.Jamaican/Caribbean
2.Russian
3. Arab

what i think would be Hilarious: Russian-Chinese accent. it hurts my vocal cords even thinking of it...

crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

i reckon Korean is easiest, just replace l's with r's and talk like DJ Not Nice (if you don't know, im not advertising him on this website)

eirwen
eirwen
172 posts
Nomad

For me German is almost impossible. I can do British, American, and Australian...

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

@Knight_34 in the video you posted most of it sounded like American English to me. It's a light accent I guess?

It's probably your perception. If you come down here you obviously won't be hearing American-ish jabber. I'm no linguistics expert.
Showing 16-30 of 50