ForumsGamesCompulsive Reloading Syndrome (CRS)

29 5768
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

On January 20th, 2011, at about 4 PM, a young boy was playing Call of Duty. He was doing very well, and was obviously enjoying the game.

And on January 20th, 2011, at about 4 PM, this young boy was killed. Simply because he was reloading his weapon, this innocent young boy lost his life.

Compessive Reloading Syndrom, or CRS as its more commonly called, is a psycological disease that affects millions of game players around the world. Not much is known about CRS, except that it stems from the false sense of security, and the undiagnosed attitude of 'I'm too good to NOT have a full magazine'.

However, theres hope in the midst of this sadness.

Through out the world, the Maverick foundation, set up in honor of that boy who lost his life, has been making a differce. By setting up hospitals, way stations, and research facilities, they good doctors and nurses of the Maverick Foundation hope that they can find a cure before any more lives are lost to this tragic disease.

So, pledge your support now! Before any more lives are lost. It could be your friend, your brother, or yourself who's talked about next. Don't wait any longer, pick up the phone right now, and dial the toll free number at the bottom of the post.

Help us find a cure.

1-800-461-0CRS

===== ===== ===== =====

Payed for in part by:

The Maverick 4 Foundation

Stand-Up-To-CRS

And through the donations of generous viewers, like you! Thanks!

• 29 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

NOTE:

DO NOT CALL the Toll Free number at the bottom of the post. Negotiations with the Phone Companies failed, and you will be charged $4.75 per call. However, you can still mail in to:

132 Elm Steet
Fake-Town, California, USA

:P

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

This made me laugh. I have C.R.S. But I want to ask you; Do you mean Compulsive Reloading Syndrome?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Do you mean Compulsive Reloading Syndrome?

Yea. I've already contacted a mod over the misspelling.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

My brain was all like does not compute.

C.R.S. is a very serious problem. Last night I saw three people die, in the middle of and M60 reload. Then I died in the middle of an M16 reload.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I do it all the time with my MPL (with Rapid Fire+grip i go through a 32 round mag in 3-5 seconds) I've gotten killed many times because of it, I just like having a full mag in case i need it all.... (has terrible accuracy at long range, but since when have rushers needed long range, i got an RPG for that XD).

I request treatment, Mr Maverick.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

132 Elm Steet
Fake-Town, California, USA

With exception to Fake-Town, is this your address?
If so, can I travel there and beat you harshly?

But other than that, great joke
Luckily for me, I don't have CRS, and I don't know any friends who have

- H
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Not only do I have CRS, I have OCD. Lame.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

With exception to Fake-Town, is this your address?

No. And I'm gonna ignore the next part of your text. And thanks.

CDO is a horribly annoying thing.

I have CDO. Its like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order... Like they should be.
chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

I think I may have the worst case of CRS ever....I reload after every kill no matter how unnecessary it is....

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

I think I may have the worst case of CRS ever....I reload after every kill no matter how unnecessary it is....

Oh I have stupidity syndrome. Before I claimed I didn't have it, turns out I was wrong.

Yeah I do this because I know I can quick-reload (with ammo or not) and fire at any enemy that pops up if I need to shoot him. Otherwise, I'd just keep reloading :>

- H
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

CRS is one of the reasons why I dont use LMGs. I can't stand the reload time. Thank God that the AUG has a fast(er) reload time. Partially solved the problem by lying in ambush with an LMG, and just spraying a general area. And I Snipe mostly, so I'm ussualy hidden, so I don't get reload-killed as much.

Part of the reason why I reload after every shot is that a half empty mag doesn't look good. And I like to reload so that I have a round number of ammo left. (80 bullets, rather than 81 bullets). I'll actually waste ammo so this is achieved.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I only reload if I have enough time too without getting shot.

nickthepwn
nickthepwn
130 posts
Nomad

I have an intense case of CRS, and am seeking professional help. I meet with my other CRS friends once a week and we all attempt to go cold-turkey. Of course, it only lasts until one of us takes a shot and then reloads. Then the urge overpowers him, and he has to do it. Every time I do it, I think it will satisfy my thirst for a full clip. I always think, "What if I miss and reload in the middle of a fight? Then I'll be screwed!" So I reload, and end up slapping myself right after I get headshotted in the middle of it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Every time my clip is half or a quarter of ammo left I'll reload.
I think I have moderate CRS. When I kill someone in a game I almost always reload the magazine.

cendari
cendari
53 posts
Nomad

i unfortunantly (fortunantly)have CRS and reload everytime im in cover....one time i reloaded and they charged and now i am dead :.(

Showing 1-15 of 29