ForumsGamesWASD vs Arrow Keys

537 164674
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

Do you use WASD or the arrow keys? Why is WASD even an option? Why are arrow keys so superior? Questions like these and more can be posted here, as well as lots of answers! Give your opinion on these basic movement controls below!

• 537 Replies
monkin
monkin
9 posts
Blacksmith

Only WASD. If I can`t - arrow keys. Always by left hand. And I am right handed.

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

i always use wasd even in games like exit path im not left handed either i just seem to do better i guess i like to press all the keys with 1 hand.

Darkduck
Darkduck
20 posts
Farmer

I prefer wasd, that's not easy to play because i have a azerty keyboard.

grrip1
grrip1
9 posts
Peasant

Now in a games with a lot of controls wasd is a better option. In a game that has few controls arrow keys are better. It depends on the game. Personaly I like wasd better.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

It depends because if the game has mouse involved then WASD but if no mouse involved then arrow keys.

massmurrder
massmurrder
143 posts
Nomad

i play with WASD and arrow keys why?
because i am not right handed or left handed LOL

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

So, you, massmurrder, is ambidextrous? Wow! I'm impressed!

Ripperman
Ripperman
12 posts
Scribe

I think WASD are better for 2 reasons:
(1) if you need to use the mouse in a game, its more comfortable to use the WASD because the arrow keys ar too close to the mouse and if you use arrow keys+mouse for a long time your hands start to hurt/
(2)if I need to use keys like f,b,m,t and other wuch are clse to the WASD keys u can raech them more kuicly and without leaving the movemnet keys [WASD in that case].

JamMasterJay
JamMasterJay
7 posts
Jester

Since i've started to play ego-shooters i'm only using wasd. I think it's a customary thing and btw if you use wasd it's easier to reach the other keys.

TopRank_
TopRank_
275 posts
Peasant

I like the arrow keys because i am right handed, and also because i am alwys getting the WASD keys confused for some reason, and i mess them up. It doesnt matter if i have to use the mouse, because i can switch very quickly.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

I think WASD because even though I'm right handed, my left can still move the keys. Also generally larger games (like shooters) because for one, the mouse is much more comfortable if it isn't right next to the mouse. Then there are the other buttons, such as reload switch weapons, and sprint. All of those are located around WASD. There is no real place for those keys near the arrow keys.

phsyco123
phsyco123
64 posts
Nomad

i almost always use arrow because there more comftorable

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

usually WASD, most of the time but there under certain cicumstanses i'll use the arrow keys

~manly man

Kenezie
Kenezie
27 posts
Nomad

90 percent of the time i use wasd keys because im very comfortable with it

Even though im a right handed i prefer the mouse with right and movements with left

2b3o4o
2b3o4o
14 posts
Nomad

I'm actually right handed, but I usually use the WASD keys. I originally started using them because they made games that incorporate the mouse and keyboard movement. Now that I'm used to them I always use them. They are especially convenient in games that use the mouse, keyboard movement, and the space-bar. (Mechanical Commando 2)

Showing 211-225 of 537