ForumsSupport ForumVoting Structure for Games

2 1972
CourtJester
CourtJester
6,158 posts
Peasant

There are a number of games where the player can vote if they like the level created by someone on Armor Games. As I have found, even if you are not logged in as someone, you are still allowed to vote but not allowed to comment.

Now that seems silly. I have also seen user made levels that have more votes than plays! Now that seems lame!

I am not sure what you are using to track this but I believe you are looking at IP addresses and cookies albeit not effectively and are not using profile names. Profile names should ONLY be used for voting purposes and AG should be using the voting privilege to encourage people to enroll and log in.

This also holds true for game ratings - I can rate a game anonymously but cannot comment unless I am logged in to AG.

I game on another site where you can only vote or build a level if you are logged in as someone. I believe the same should hold true in AG as, I could build a level, log off and vote as much as I wanted to on my own level! If I had the computer skills, I could probably automate this thing.

Enough for now - maybe others have their own concerns.

• 2 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

@Levels: And there's a problem with that? I see no exploiting for personal benefits by voting carelessly.

@Ratings: Could possibly be a change with this sort of thing in AG3. Dunno yet, since we can't rate yet. Next release should though! Stay tuned for next week, ayup~

shadowgunz21
shadowgunz21
28 posts
Peasant

OK i agree with you

Showing 1-2 of 2