The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumIm going to create my own game

19 14302
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

And I need some people for it. I am not experienced in it and it will more than a month for sure. I know how to use Photoshop and Im not stupid. I can learn coding and so, I would take the time.

I just need someone who wants to work with me.
Im from Germany so a german guy/girl would be perfectly.

The game wont be large. It will be like Pel (search for it) or so... and "easy" made game, small size.

• 19 Replies
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

****, no option to edit? Not good !

However... I just wanted to say that im going to create the game with adobe flash, so be sure you download it. There is an Trialversion on their homepage (adobe.com) with which you can test it 30 days, so you dont need spend money.

beech
beech
107 posts
Nomad

good for you!

but keep in mind that it's a harder thing to do than it 'seems' like it may be, even the simplest game needs much more than just a character and a mechanic. also if you don't know programming now, it will take some time to learn - probably more than 30days

i'm not trying to discourage you, just keepin it real, many many people start out to make a game, very few ever complete it - stick with it, concentrate on 'learning' over 'making' and keep at it.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

I know that and I have got the endurance for that. I will try to learn some c++ after that and I think I will be succesfully. So adobe should bit not the problem^^

But doing this alone sucks somehow but it does worse to work with someone who gives up after 2 days... that's why I will start by myself to get some experience with adobe.

Thanks for your comment.

beech
beech
107 posts
Nomad

you're welcome

cool - so you have done some coding? (not quite certain i'm reading that right) if so then you should have an advantage - although i have heard it both ways: some say C is 'easy', some say it is verbose - and the same about AS (actionscript - which is the language of the Flash platform) so it can go both ways - really the difference is mostly in syntax and structure, so once you get a handle on the theory behind the logic, it's a matter of formatting it to the language.

agreed that it is a long road when working by yourself, i recommend hanging out in programming forums, reading a lot, and experimenting. if you start out with the intent of making a single game, most of the time it leads to frustration, because one can't get stuff to work like one imagines. it's often better IMHO to start with small experiments, try this, try that, and learn.

i did just look up Pel - it is a fair basic concept, although it will be more complicated than it looks. but i would say it is a good first goal.

i may also invite you to join the small group forming around AGame - it is an attempt to bring together many people who have a desire to build a game and learn while doing so. please check out the thread, you're welcome to join and hopefully learn with others there, which is the intent

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

No I havent really coded something.

I had some hours with coding in school, we used Basic but I had many problems with that. I had absolutely no experience with that stuff and my teacher was moron. When I'm ready for it I will buy books and waste all my free time with c or flash because it amazes me. But first I need a job training.. that's the biggest obstacle right now.

However, I will read you thread and I will join your group when I feel ready.
Could you explain what the sense of this group is? How do you help people with learning?
And do you have any conditions?

WhitePerson
WhitePerson
21 posts
Nomad

You are not supposed to learn coding if you can ever find a coder for you.

Also tell it with the details.

example:
Hi, i want to work with a(or how much people you want to work with) coder, artist, writer, musician, voice actor, whatever.

I use Flash MX,6,8,CS3,CS4,CS5.

I myself am a/n coder, artist, writer, musician, voice actor, whatever.

And if you are interested, leave a comment on my profile or contact me at (give your email address or not.I'd rather not, since people may spam it or some bad stuff like that).

Extra things such as payment or working schedule.

oh my god im improving myself
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

The thing is that I have no experience in game developing. I have some Photoshop experience and thats it.

I'm going to use Adobe Flash and I hope I dont need any coding experience. I used the "Game Maker" a few days ago. It was very easy to understand and I hope Adobe Flash works in a similar way.

I don't care who is going to work with me. That person just needs the patience so that he doesn't give up after 1 day. Someone with experience would be great but why should such a person work with me?

My Email: a.abbb@web.de
Or just my profile

WhitePerson
WhitePerson
21 posts
Nomad

why should such a person work with me?

It would save time.

also LEARN flash after asking for making games.

At least 2 years of training and learning
Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

So I think I wont even come to the point for learning. Adobe Flash doesn't work somehow and I also cant fix the problem... Too sad. I will try it at the end of the year again when I bought a new computer...

Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

I cant help you with the Scripting and Co. but I have a good imagination I have tones of great Ideas. I have alreday helped make 2 Games with them and the all got atleast 8.0 Rating

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Take a class. Programming is too intimidating to learn by yourself.

slogsdon
slogsdon
28 posts
Nomad

I know plenty of people that are self-taught programmers.

Impiety
Impiety
18 posts
Nomad

If you want to create your own game, you might as well learn programming instead of relying on other people. You don't really need to take a formal class; if you're competent enough, you can figure out AS3 by yourself.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Guys, forget it. Let this thread die.

Adobe Flash doesn't work on my PC.. dunno why.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Guys, forget it. Let this thread die.

Adobe Flash doesn't work on my PC.. dunno why.

You're just going to let it go? Why don't you give us details, I mean, you paid good money for the program. I think there is also a support in adobe's website
Showing 1-15 of 19