ForumsNews and Feedback[planned feature] Add Movie-Like Ratings to Games

18 6900
yoyo12345
yoyo12345
25 posts
Nomad

I was wondering (and other people may want this also) is that some games are not suitable for certain ages, so could u please put age warnings on your games? (eg, all ages, tween, teen, adult). This would be very helpful and I don't think it would hurt anybody. Thank you. If you agree or disagree, could you please write a comment below?

• 18 Replies
AngelicMoon
AngelicMoon
29 posts
Nomad

Honestly, this would be completely unnecessary, every game here is suitable for a 13 year old, I'm pretty certain of.
If they're not, then they shouldn't be on the site.
So, this might help a little, but it's unnecessary.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Armor Games has no games that are unsuitable for a 13 year old. And you have to be 13 to make an account.

It is up to the player to decide which game to play. I mean, I was scared to play Sonny when it first came out, but now I play it like almost every day.

I really think this is unnecessary.

ArtemisDragon
ArtemisDragon
1,005 posts
Nomad

@Ghgt99:Yes but younger people who don't have an account play them too.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Oh yeah. But still, the thumbnails give you an idea of what it is about. Or you could search by tag name. And just the name of the game tells you what it is about. I mean Amateur Surgeon? Sounds like a gory game where it is a random joe with a chainsaw. See what I mean?

StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

At Calvin, Foreign Creatures Kinda Gross Too But I Think 13 Year Olds Should Be Able To Handle It, Maybe Even Younger Than That That Are Mature May Even Also

sasquatchcarrot
sasquatchcarrot
189 posts
Nomad

okay most of these games are childish, and the other ones are suited for everyone... if you can create an account on here you have the right to visit and enjoy every game.

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

If little children are playing games on the internet unsupervised, then a flash game with a little red blob for blood or an animated gun is HARDLY the worst thing they can stumble across. It is up to the parents to ensure their children are not getting into inapporiate inernet content. I think warnings on games is irrelevant and unnecessary.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

@OP:
You do realise that there are far worse things in reality then on a thirteen plus gaming website? Reality being the key word here, people need to open their eyes to the constant horrors of humanity. And there are many. Maybe then they will see how sad they are for believing that thier kids are stupid enough to be influenced by a few entertainment websites.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

@Ghgt99:Yes but younger people who don't have an account play them too.

Even so, what is written in the T&C makes it not a liability. It is stated in the first full paragraph that, if you are not 13+, to discontinue using the site. If they are not 13+ and they are playing games, it is their fault.
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

First of all, Freakenstein is right in that if -13 year olds are using the site, that's just too bad, although I used this site before I turned 13 and loved it, but meh. Anyways, only a few of the games are too graphic, particularly compared to what kids are playing these days on their PS3s and XBox360s . -_-

belthizor24
belthizor24
27 posts
Nomad

i do think every game should and a 3+ 12+ 15+ 18+ sign on just like movies and console games do just so parents can se if the game is suitable for their children and it also sets a great example for our younger players.

Belt

jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

I mean, im 13. i play COD. now thats violent. nothing here is THAT bad. not nessesary.

supastick
supastick
62 posts
Peasant

there should be an rule for that like:

3+(abc games,number games etc.)
6+(mild cartoon vilolince,mild fantsy viloince etc.)
10+(mild violince,cartoon violince etc.)
13+(blood,violince,fantsy violince,language,lyris etc.)

and 17+ also 18+

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

i play COD. now thats violent.

Just turn off the blood and gore and all it is shooting.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Just turn off the blood and gore and all it is shooting.

Yep I so agree with that; don't like the gore, turn it off.
there should be an rule for that like:

3+(abc games,number games etc.)
6+(mild cartoon vilolince,mild fantsy viloince etc.)
10+(mild violince,cartoon violince etc.)
13+(blood,violince,fantsy violince,language,lyris etc.)

and 17+ also 18+

Why?? You are supposed to be 13+ to play the games! That makes no sense to put a rating! If they are say, 9, and the parent hears cussing and sees violence, then shame on he/she for not following the rules. Also, I think it is kind of obvious to know which games would be like that... I mean if you are playing a shooter what do you expect? Come on people...
i do think every game should and a 3+ 12+ 15+ 18+ sign on just like movies and console games do just so parents can se if the game is suitable for their children and it also sets a great example for our younger players.

Again, you aren't exactly supposed to be "young" and be on this site. Also have you been to a public elementary school? Trust me, they cuss and do what we do like sag(some of us don't get mad if it doesn't apply to you!), skinny jeans etc. So what would be the point in trying to set a good example on this site that they shouldn't be at in the first place!?
Showing 1-15 of 18