ForumsThe TavernGeneral Science Discussion

1019 156610
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Well, I was searching to see if this was already made, but the searches didn't show a thread with my idea so here it is. I am making this thread so we can have a typical tavern discussion thread for all things science! Basically, a thread for everything science! Ranging from discussions about laws and theories, scientific debate, breakthroughs, discussion about new scientific breakthroughs, certain scientists/philosophers, and all that good stuff!
So go out there and let out your inner science! ;P
To get us going somewhere I'll start: what do you think the future holds for technology? I think our knowledge will allow us to overcome the obstacles thrown at us in the future, I mean, we have discovered so much and have come so far!

• 1,019 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Try this website.

http://www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/key-issues/nuclear-weapons/basics/neutron-bomb.htm

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

I checked up on it and America, Russia, China and France have them.

Now, what about a Neuron Bomb? (typos FTW)

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

So a bomb to mess with the brain? I think we have the beam version of that. It makes you feel like your skin is burning.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

No, that is completely different.

I speak of a bomb that, when detonated, releases enegy/radiation that has just the right qualities that it causes the neurons of the brain, when struck, to disintigrate/violently explode, thus causing an instant, painless death, and, furthermore, would leave no residual radiation nor damage to the area in which the bomb was used.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Hmmm. I think it would be hard to get the radiation to instantly destroy all the neurons at the same time. I think it would be random or in the order that the neurons were hit. if it was still able to send out a large enough radiation to destroy the neurons too quick enough we could reduce pain to a 1-2 second migrain. Question, does the radiation affect you fast or slowly.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Radiation is a series of vibrations. Ever seen glass break from sound? I'm saying do that with neurons.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Then i think with a big enough bomb you easily kill hundreads at a time. If it can affect populations such as wide as cites, millions. It would probably be the worlds new super weapon and hopefully there won't be drills on how to surive this one too.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I also think that it would have to affect other areas too. except by the time it would be reconizable you would be dead.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

I read in a science magazine that we indeed created the first artificial dark hole. That is pretty cool.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

It doesn't use blast energy, radioactive material, heat or anything else to achieve it's destruction, just the resonance of the explosion, in order to enact its slaughter.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Really? how did we do it?

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Really? how did we do it?

Are you talking about my post?
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,679 posts
Peasant

Yes, loloy, how?

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

To dragonblaze, I'm thinking that since the brain always sends out signals with electricity that it would be a big mess and the nerves might go crazy.

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

I am assuming you mean black hole, and wouldn't that be bad? Like, rip-apart-the-world bad?

Showing 496-510 of 1019