ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Armatars

256 62161
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone,

Since we have a LOT of duplicate threads on Armatars, I'm creating this sticky post where users can discuss ideas about armatars.

We've stated several times that Dan is in charge of armatars at the moment, and that if you want new armatars to go let him know. We have several new ideas for armatars on AG3 that we'll discuss in this thread as we work on it.

For starters, we ARE going to allow custom armatars at some point. I'm not sure if it'll be there when AG3 launches, but it's a priority. We'll have strict requirements, probably something like being a member for more than 6 months, and have a certain number of points/achievements or a reputation level of a certain rank or something. The specifics are still being worked out. One idea is that at one level (points/achievements/reputation), you could upload an armatar that only you could use. At another level, you could unlock it for your friends to use. At another level, your followers, and at the highest level, make it available for anyone on the site. We've also discussed the idea of letting our most artistic users create entire *sets* of armatars for the site.

In AG3, all users will have a unique URL for their armatar, which they can use on other sites if they choose. We'll have a link on your dashboard that will show you what the URL is or how to download a high-quality version of the image.

All armatar uploads will be heavily scrutinized by human eyes before they go live on the site. Users who abuse the system by uploading an image against our Terms and Conditions and other rules and guidelines about images will be permanently banned from the site.

Anyhow, if you have other ideas, questions, suggestions, please place them here. If you see other users asking about AG3 armatars, please direct them back to this forum thread.

• 256 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Based on the discussion, it sounds like it should be something like this

1st offense: warning
2nd offense: temp-ban
3rd offense: removal of privilege (and maybe another ban?)

inflict
inflict
382 posts
Shepherd

i it were my website.....for every 12 hours u spend on AG you get an extra armatars....or depending on whitch game u play the most you should unlock armats to do with that game...

SNIPERx13x
SNIPERx13x
100 posts
Nomad

I'd like to have armatars that can be created like Call of Duty: Black Ops, I enjoyed so much to create them i think it can be an idea.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We haven't discussed offenses/warnings/privilege removal with the team, but I'll bring it up.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

for every 12 hours u spend on AG you get an extra armatars

I think that to a point, time unlocked armatars is a good idea, but if all of them are unlocked that way, people could just leave their computers on armorgames even if they weren't actively doing anything on it.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, Joe96, we have more intelligent ways of know whether someone is idle on the site or actively using the site.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Well, Joe96, we have more intelligent ways of know whether someone is idle on the site or actively using the site.

Is that by checking the logs to see if they go to a new page?
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

double armatar number and add a system where you can edit it to a degree.

Degree as in color changer, size, and stickers.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Is that by checking the logs to see if they go to a new page?

No, it's more elaborate than that.

double armatar number and add a system where you can edit it to a degree.

I assume by "double armatar number" you mean "double the number of armatars available" ?

And no, we won't allow editing of armatars.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Fantasy4life, please put comments/ideas about points into the appropriate thread.

As for having your own pic, we've already stated (several times) that users will someday be able to upload their own armatar graphics, but it's going to be a feature we add after AG3 launches, and uploaded images will be *highly* scrutinized to meet our terms and conditions, rules, etc.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I would like to have an easier way to get this Armatar; http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_4_80.80_c.png

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

[/quote]
I fnid this.... Amazing. How can people bargain like that? If the AG3 team thinks it's a good idea, than it will be implamented into the system. But THAT is almost bribery. The price doesn't matter, as long as the idea is good. I do agree there should be certain limiting factors on this, but not like THAT. That would dishabilitate alot of good citizens of AG from having certain..... Priviledges. I think the idea of a customizable Armatar is reasonable, and it could be a way for people to exhibit their artistic skills, however good or bad they may be at it.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

If you wonder what I mean, read through the entire thread.

ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

I have 5 armatars to show. I'll set them up on this forum later.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I would like to have an easier way to get this Armatar;

http://armorgames.com/image/armatar_4_80.80_c.png

(Let's just say the image is in quotes, kay?)
Why do people like that Armatar so much? Someone wanna tell me? It's like everyone's out to get it. I had it for a week and it was meh.
Showing 151-165 of 256