ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130895
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
Scorpion1000
Scorpion1000
6 posts
Nomad

Hmm..... Soo i have been thinking and about the clan thing i would think that too many people would want to be a leader and we would have around a couple 100,000 clans and this would be ok?

Also i think that there should be a certain amount of members aloud to join each clan because if not it would overwelm the leaders if they had say 2 to 300 members in their clan that they would want to quit i think it is quite an issue but i love the clan idea.

Keep it up guys.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Hmm..... Soo i have been thinking and about the clan thing i would think that too many people would want to be a leader and we would have around a couple 100,000 clans and this would be ok?

There is a simple solution: include reasonable requirements to create or lead a clan.

Also i think that there should be a certain amount of members aloud to join each clan because if not it would overwelm the leaders if they had say 2 to 300 members in their clan that they would want to quit i think it is quite an issue but i love the clan idea.

I think this should be up to the leader, but it's a good idea to suggest the ability to limit members. Also, it is possible to delegate some leadership tasks to other members for larger clans.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

There is a simple solution: include reasonable requirements to create or lead a clan.

Perhaps having a decent amount of reputation points? What requirements do you think there should be?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]There is a simple solution: include reasonable requirements to create or lead a clan.

Perhaps having a decent amount of reputation points? What requirements do you think there should be?[/quote]

I would agree with a minimum reputation as a requirement. I also think a user should have to be active for at least 3 months to prevent noobs from creating clans.
jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

The person creating the clan should have to be at level, say, wood prince/princess or higher.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

The person creating the clan should have to be at level, say, wood prince/princess or higher.

The ranking system will be different in AG3, so your suggestion won't work. Also, AP will be reset at launch.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This is not a thread to advertise clans or clan wars. This is a thread to discuss how clans will be handled in AG3.

jkl3848
jkl3848
242 posts
Peasant

The ranking system will be different in AG3, so your suggestion won't work. Also, AP will be reset at launch

Sorry. I didn't know. But still, I think it should work that there are some base clans, that are already there, then to make one, you have to be at a certain level.

Could you be in more than one? That would be great.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Sorry. I didn't know. But still, I think it should work that there are some base clans, that are already there, then to make one, you have to be at a certain level.

That would probably be a good idea. However, if such requirements are to be implemented, then perhaps the clan system should wait until sometime after launch.

Could you be in more than one? That would be great.

I don't see why they would limit you to one clan, so I think that's a good idea.
TheSuperSaiyan1
TheSuperSaiyan1
326 posts
Nomad

AG3 should have clan ranking and add that to the control panel. It would be a great appreciation from us users if they did that.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

Just a thought,
If the Clans idea is implemented and I'm invited to join one, I join it and am active for a year and then I have to suddenly drop out for 3 months or more will I be banned from rejoining the group/clan later when I'm active again? Do I have to be re-invited? Now, I'm not talking about a leader who has to step down, just an average follower.
Can an appeal process take place and the group votes on who can be let back in? Since I was a previous member will my activity simply show up again on the clan's activity page of the game after I've played it regularly for let's say a month?

If these concerns have been covered before I apologize for repeating them. I've been researching the original thread from 2010, too and I haven't found these questions posted anywhere.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

*repost* My original comment failed to post so I've edited it and made it shorter.

Let's say I have to leave a clan do to personal reasons not because of a ban issue? Do I become blocked from returning to the clan? Maybe there's a 3 month absence rule or, something similar because lots of people travel during the summer and I'm gone for 15 weeks instead of 12 do I have to be re-invited? Can we use an appeal's system and let the clan members vote on who's allowed back in?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Do I become blocked from returning to the clan?

Leaving =/= exile, so I don't think anything should block you from leaving the clan. You would simply have to rejoin the clan the same way you joined it in the first place. However, I think you would have to start at the bottom again. Also, I think there should be a leave of absence option, which will allow you to declare yourself inactive, so you can't do anything in the clan. However, you would still be in the same place in the clan, and you would be able to do stuff again simply by ending your leave of absence.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

leaving the clan.

I meant returning to the clan. This is why we need edit post.
the_ninjA
the_ninjA
1 posts
Nomad

how do you make clans?

Showing 226-240 of 322