ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130890
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

how do you make clans?

There is no mechanic for clans in AG2, and I'm not sure how a clan would be made in AG3.
droffire
droffire
1 posts
Nomad

This is very cool. This should be incorporated as part of armor games. Please thumbs up so people can see this.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Please thumbs up so people can see this.

This isn't Youtube; There is no way to 'like' or 'thumbs up' posts on AG.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

This isn't Youtube; There is no way to 'like' or 'thumbs up' posts on AG.

Correct, but this option will be added in AG3 for Reputation. Discussion about Reputation goes here.
CMMDREX4
CMMDREX4
7 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure this is the right kind of place for that kind of idea. It may end up taking over the site and instead of people enjoying the games and casual play it's everyone fighting each others clan scores. Plus those outside of the clans who don't want to join up with them can't truly compete in scores.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Correct, but this option will be added in AG3 for Reputation

But we're not talking about Reputation, are we?

I'm not sure this is the right kind of place for that kind of idea.

Eh. If anything, it'll make comparing your scores to people who have a similar interest in a game easier. Besides, not all clans might be for flash games: They might be for Pittsburgh Steelers Appreciation, or a group for a certain band. Scores in games reflect an individual's skill in that game; I don't see how having clans would affect that in any way.
thunderoxys
thunderoxys
6 posts
Nomad

how bout an apprentice?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

how bout an apprentice?

That sound like a rank and I think it should be available as an option for ranks of a clan. By this, I mean that there should be required ranks and optional rank (and I think "apprentice" should be optional). When a clan is created, it would begin with the required ranks and the leader would have the power to add optional ranks at any time, including on creation of the clan.
lew112
lew112
17 posts
Nomad

Could we have such thing as: "Clan categories"? What i really mean is looking clans that play certian types of games (Id look up Shell Shock live playing clans myself). Because it may be obvious that some clans may all play one type of game.

hawkeye
hawkeye
243 posts
Nomad

<Font Face="Blackadder ITC" Size="5"> PLEASE READ:</font>

(If you are reading this thank you for taking the time to read my suggestions and please tell me what you think of them)

If you're going to make such a thing I have some suggestions.
1- The Clan creation should require a rank of Wood Lord+
2- The Clan has a member limit (Like maybe 30)
3- The Clan has the number of AP created by every member entirely and weekly.
4- The Clan can have the average rate of AP s per day (I think it would show the activeness of the group and how great it is)
5- The Clan can have Alliances (Max 3 different Clans)
6- The ability to take down the leader of the Clan if he wasn't good.
I don't really see a point of Clans it just shows popularity.

--Hawkeye

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@hawkeye: Here's my response to your suggestions:

1- The Clan creation should require a rank of Wood Lord+

The ranking system will not be the same. Therefore, any suggestion cannot include AG2 ranks.

2- The Clan has a member limit (Like maybe 30)

Clans should not be limited unless the creator wants to limit the number of members in the clan. I think there should be an option to create a member limit on creation.

3- The Clan has the number of AP created by every member entirely and weekly.

I think those would be good clan stats.

4- The Clan can have the average rate of AP s per day (I think it would show the activeness of the group and how great it is)

This is related to suggestion 3. This would be simple if suggestion 3 is implemented because those stats could be divided by the number of days it's been around for the entire rate and by 7 for the weekly rate.

5- The Clan can have Alliances (Max 3 different Clans)

I agree with the alliances, but I don't think there should be a set limit. However, an alliance should be possible to end at any time.

6- The ability to take down the leader of the Clan if he wasn't good.

I agree with this, but only in a certain way, which I will post below:

<h3>How to Change the Leadership in an AG3 Clan</h3>

There are 2 ways:

1) The leader can resign at any time. When the leader does this, another member (possibly a minimum clan rank) or a pre-designated second in command will become the new leader.
2) The leader can be voted out of leadership in the following way:

If a member doesn't like how the leader is running the clan, a vote of no confidence could be made. When a vote of no confidence is made, a vote occurs on whether the leader can stay or not. A majority vote would be required to force the leader to resign and follow the same directions as way 1.
hawkeye
hawkeye
243 posts
Nomad

[quote]2- The Clan has a member limit (Like maybe 30)

Clans should not be limited unless the creator wants to limit the number of members in the clan. I think there should be an option to create a member limit on creation.[/quote]

Having no limit will make most groups have 200+ and like those most people will only want to join those. That'll make it even get more members. I don't know how to explain.

[quote]1- The Clan creation should require a rank of Wood Lord+

The ranking system will not be the same. Therefore, any suggestion cannot include AG2 ranks.[/quote]

Sorry =/ I forgot that the Ranks will be completely different however what I meant was that not everyone should be able to create a clan; The person should have a good rank so we can feel the reward in playing in Armorgames.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Sorry =/ I forgot that the Ranks will be completely different however what I meant was that not everyone should be able to create a clan; The person should have a good rank so we can feel the reward in playing in Armorgames.

I agree that there should be a rank requirement.

Having no limit will make most groups have 200+ and like those most people will only want to join those. That'll make it even get more members. I don't know how to explain.

I didn't say no limit. I said to have an optional and variable limit. You seem to think only a required and static limit will be effective. To me, the only reason to have a limit is because the leader would be unable to handle more members than the selected limit. Also, if no limit was set and the leader proves unable to lead a clan that big, the clan could be broken up into several smaller clans, each with a limit. The original clan would then be removed.
Homework
Homework
17 posts
Nomad

this is weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

If this happens Armor Games becomes a game! Not saying it could not work though...

Showing 241-255 of 322