ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130351
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Does that mean the leader has to be of certain AG rank?

As we discussed earlier in the thread, we don't know yet exactly what the requirements will be. It might be a combination of how long you've been a user, Reputation, and AP. Or maybe if you play 100 games it unlocks an achievement that allows you to make a group.

We don't know because we haven't gotten into specifics on how we're going to build the group/clan system yet. We're still working out ideas and asking for users' input.
Shiningblood
Shiningblood
14 posts
Nomad

clans would be really cool and fun!

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Would something like 100-200 forum posts be better? Or possibly a merit? That might be rough, though.

Again, we're still looking into what it will take to 'unlock'. Since having a group/clan could encompass a lot of areas of the site (games, forums, etc) we could make it a combination of several things. We simply haven't discussed it much, so we're looking for ideas on what would be a good balance.
iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

I think if you have a group/clan there needs to be a whole forum page dedicated to them. Then the only people allowed to see their clans thread is the people who is in it, or set a password lock.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I think if you have a group/clan there needs to be a whole forum page dedicated to them. Then the only people allowed to see their clans thread is the people who is in it, or set a password lock.

i don't know if that would work, but it seems like a good idea...
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We'd probably mimic the user profile idea, where each group/clan would have a &quotrofile" page of sorts, and have settings for who could read/write messages based on whether you were in the group or not and of a certain rank.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I have an idea which comes from Runescape.

In order for a clan to be form you need to get yourself and 4 of people to register the clan. I think would be a good idea so people don't just make clans for only them selves.

So I like the ideas you have about the posting/reputation reqirement, but I think we can incorperate some of the runescape clan making rules here.

crownsmidst
crownsmidst
4 posts
Nomad

this makes me think of another online game with the clans thing so i really like it

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

SoymasterYos, this is actually done in most MMORPG's.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

clans are a great idea

I do suggest the competition though. Maybe a yearly Battle of the Clans or ArmorArmaggedon. A tournament to see who is the best alliance.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

EDIT

Armorgeddon

Chard
Chard
1 posts
Nomad

Support. As long as there will be Clan/Group rankings, Clan/Group tourny's and such.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

Can they have the clan name in the username?

I will user my clan for a example its F.I.H| Fire In Hell Right? and we all have F.I.H|Name like..F.I.H|Lime, F.I.H|Big Fish, F.I.H|Tower etc.. Can they do it here? Just Saying

PS: that clan is for a game not on ArmoryGames
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Goldair, if you're asking if we'll include a group/clan name in the username of everyone who joins, then the answer is no, because users can join as many groups as they want. If the user CHOOSES to change their username, that's entirely up to them, but they'll be stuck with the new username for at least 30 days... and we do not allow the 'ipe' | character in usernames.

martin0499
martin0499
4 posts
Nomad

It would be cool if there is clans

Showing 31-45 of 322