The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernMy taste buds seem to be malfunctioning

21 6442
Umbra7
Umbra7
27 posts
Nomad

So for some reason, few days ago my taste buds changed or something. I taste a lot of things differently now, but spicy foods don't seem to be registering. I ignored it at first, but its been a few days now and its the same. I eat spicy food A LOT, so I'm used to spice, but now I tried some Extra Hot Texas Pete and it tastes bland. Not only taste either, but my preferences also. My sweets preference has changed. I tried some cake yesterday and it just tasted wrong, the same with some milk chocolate candy, but dark chocolate is good. Any idea what the deal is? Or how to fix this? The way I'm thinking right now its not a big deal, but I don't want to LOSE my taste. Also I am NOT taking any medication and don't have a cold.

• 21 Replies
kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

Go see a doctor. This total pandemonium! It ruins spice, and sweets?!?!

You must get that fixed right away or sweets will never be the same.
urbanwolf232
urbanwolf232
784 posts
Peasant

it does happen to some people,there taste buds change,its normal for some people,but if you dont like it go see a doctor for some advice

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Perhaps eating all the spicy food just killed those tastebuds? I don't really know, but it isn't abnormal for tastebuds to change.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Do you maybe have a head cold or something? If you cant breath you cant taste. Try eating a Habanaro or a Serrano pepper raw, try eating a lemon or juice it then drink it down raw, if you don't taste any of those, then your probably should go see a doctor.

Then again it may not even be your Taste buds, it could be your salivary glands. Is your mouth abnormally dry lately? If you don't have any saliva to start digesting your food with, you won't taste it.

ohaiguyz
ohaiguyz
40 posts
Nomad

My tastebuds all ways seem to change
I wouldn't worry about it.

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

ok you should probably see a doctor about that, but it might just be your buds now has conditioning to spiciness and no longer registers it. about the sweets, i do not know.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Clean out your mouth, use a bit of diluted hydrogen peroxide as mouthwash and eat normally bland food for a couple of days. After that, go back to your regular diet.

Jetcord
Jetcord
825 posts
Nomad

You are maturing! That means that your taste buds are changing

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

That is weird. But that is kind of a weird subject to post if you can just go to the doctor to get it fixed.

Umbra7
Umbra7
27 posts
Nomad

Then again it may not even be your Taste buds, it could be your salivary glands. Is your mouth abnormally dry lately? If you don't have any saliva to start digesting your food with, you won't taste it.

Actually yes, my mouth has been dry lately, and I have been drinking A LOT of bottled water.

Try eating a Habanaro or a Serrano pepper raw, try eating a lemon or juice it then drink it down raw, if you don't taste any of those, then your probably should go see a doctor.

I tried some pure lemon juice, I have never really liked sour things, but that lemon juice almost made my head shrivel up.

Clean out your mouth, use a bit of diluted hydrogen peroxide as mouthwash and eat normally bland food for a couple of days. After that, go back to your regular diet.

OK, I'll try this. I have done this before with a sore, and the taste stayed in my mouth for over a week. Nasty taste but I'll try it.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Nasty taste but I'll try it.

I don't think you have to worry about that.......
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

When my aunt was going through chemo, she had something like that happen I think, so yeah, I'd probably want to get that checked out too.

StrategicCaptain
StrategicCaptain
393 posts
Nomad

It might be puberty.
Or you might be in love. :S

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Actually yes, my mouth has been dry lately, and I have been drinking A LOT of bottled water.

What brand of bottled water have your been drinking?
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Spicy food numbs your taste buds. You ****ed your mouth up.

Showing 1-15 of 21