The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat do babies dream of?

23 3996
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I was wondering what babies dream of, if they even dream. Before they have memories, and maybe when they're still in the womb, what do they dream of? If you die in your sleep, do you finish the dream you started?

• 23 Replies
kingjac11
kingjac11
2,597 posts
Nomad

Maybe they dream of their family or the things they love.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I think they would dream of the sounds they heard while still in the womb.
But i don't know if the part of the brain that makes you dream is already full grown then.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

that is a weird question... but now I am really curious!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Electric rattles.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

If you're talking about before they're born, then I wonder one thing. If they have never, ever seen anything, would they even be able to imagine pictures? And if not, could the same be said about someone who's been blind since birth?

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Maybe they dream of their family or the things they love.

Dream of their family in that those are the most common voices they'd hear. They would have no concept of love yet, as that is not a universal emotion and is actually learned. If I remember correctly, the three universal emotions are Happiness, Fear, and Sadness.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

And if not, could the same be said about someone who's been blind since birth?

Who is to say a baby in the womb, or a blind man can't dream of image? Especially the blind man, while he may have a hard time picturing things correctly, have you heard of this thing called imagination? Perhaps they use their mind and 'create' a scene of how they would picture it... Someone describing something about this scene would most likely help.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I do not think babies dream while they are in the womb, but I am sure when they come out they dream of things. But what they dream of is impossible to tell.

Showing 16-23 of 23