ForumsGamesThe Legend of Zelda lounge

192 36181
runningwolf
runningwolf
77 posts
Nomad

this is a place ware the lovers of Zelda can cume together adn talk and pst pics.

P.S. how do you pst pic?

• 192 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

runningwolf wants no foul language.

Erm, "ftw" means for the win.

Skyward Sword is the newest Zelda game, to be released in September.

Where did you get that information from? From what I've heard SS will be a holiday 2011 release.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

SS is out in Sweeden.

Uhhhhhhhh Source?

The game doesn't even have a japanese release date so I dare say that isn't true.

That...is...super...pooping...DUMB! The U.S. gets everything last... T_T Unless it's nuclear technology...

It's called living in Europe.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The only thing I'm going to ask is... when you guys discuss Zelda...actually discuss! I've had to be the bad guy and delete posts that were off-topic and generally "spammy". The thread used to be 8 pages don't you know?

I'm looking forward to both Zelda games, on both the DS and the WiiU. Maybe this time I get to actually beat one? hahaha. The only Zelda game I've beaten was Ocarina of Time for the N64, and that was due to sheer determination. My main qualm was just the fact that I like to be rewarded every step of the way when I'm dungeon crawling. As in leveling up and gaining new equipment besides a few trinkets that you are required to obtain in order to progress. In the 10 hours of OoT, I've gotten three swords, three tunics, and three boots. I'm used to Morrowind and being able to choose between hundreds of items. So yeah, I believe that the Zelda experience would be much greater if I were able to come across more varied equipment, besides mere trinkets.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Voice acting shouldn't really be in any game made by Nintendo.

I agree mostly. The only decent voice acting was Mario, because it created a humorous stereotype. If they made Link talk other than the few shouts when he swings his blade, it would ruin the series. People would also complain about it because they'd expect it to be better or completely different.

The only Zelda game I've beaten was Ocarina of Time for the N64, and that was due to sheer determination.

I've still got that game and it's still awesome. I've never been patient enough to win it or really get anywhere.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

[quote]The only Zelda game I've beaten was Ocarina of Time for the N64, and that was due to sheer determination.

I've still got that game and it's still awesome. I've never been patient enough to win it or really get anywhere.[/quote]
I have Ocarina of Time from the virtual console on Wii and Twilight Princess for the Wii. I'm just like EmperorPalpatine; I wasn't patient enough to progress through Ocarina. It is quite a bit harder than Twilight Princess, but I still love both games. I was dumbfounded when I first got Twilight Princess last Christmas and realized I had been missing out on what is now my favorite series!
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,442 posts
Jester

Oddly enough, I was able to win Super Mario 64 with all 120 stars. I guess it's because when you complete an objective (collect a star) in that game, you go back to the main hub. In LoZ:OoT, you have to run all the way back. That is quite time consuming and a bit boring.

runningwolf
runningwolf
77 posts
Nomad

In LoZ:OoT, you have to run all the way back. That is quite time consuming and a bit boring.

no you dont, after you beat a boss a blu ring pops up just go in it and poof... back at the begining of the timpul.
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

In LoZ:OoT, you have to run all the way back. That is quite time consuming and a bit boring.

Once you're an adult in that game, you learn songs so you can warp, making traveling much easier. And you can play those songs as a kid. *SPOILER ALERT* in fact, you have to use two of the songs you learn to get into the last two temples, you can't really get far into one temple without it, and you can't even get in the other without it.
runningwolf
runningwolf
77 posts
Nomad

I just when't though the Cave of Triuls in TP had to fight 2 flying Lizfos and an Iorn Knukle with 3 harts! :O Than after that I had 1/2 a Hart, and had to fight 4 Iorn Knukles! died fast

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

The first time I played LoZ: OOT, my data got corrupted shortly after the forest temple. The second time, it got corrupted in the water temple. The third time, it kept freezing in the spirit temple. That's why I never beat it.

But I beat Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Minish Cap, and Four Swords Adventures. I am planning on downloading Majora's Mask on the Wii and playing Skyward Sword eventually.

My favorite so far was probably Wind Waker. I didn't choose Twilight Princess because there weren't as many side quests. Rupees in TP were basically pointless.

Voice acting shouldn't really be in any game made by Nintendo.

What about F-Zero GX? That was okay. (Did anyone else play it?)
weter506
weter506
159 posts
Nomad

If you want The Legend of Zelda,buy a N3DS,has more remakes than other consoles

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,159 posts
Nomad

I'm so happy! I never actually finished Ocarina of Time because it got so confusing and I had no one to do it with, but just yesterday one of my friends saw that I had it and freaked out because he liked it so much! So now we're going to beat it together! Yaaaaaay!

We got to Inside Lord Jabu Jabu's Belly. Gah, how I hate that dungeon/temple. It's annoying how you have to carry that snooty princess around everywhere...

runningwolf
runningwolf
77 posts
Nomad

If you like that just wate tell Lake Hylia AKA water timpul. hahaha

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

The Water Temple with Master Quest is...terribly hard. I mean yeah, I got through it fine and dandy. But it took a considerable amount of time longer than the regular Water Temple. They took an already-complicated temple and made it harder :'(

Gorillababy
Gorillababy
296 posts
Nomad

We got to Inside Lord Jabu Jabu's Belly. Gah, how I hate that dungeon/temple. It's annoying how you have to carry that snooty princess around everywhere...

SPOLIER Say hello to your feature wife :P
Showing 61-75 of 192