ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1465322
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,150 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

The bible isn't speaking metaphorically.

The Bible is of course speaking metaphorically throughout - Parables?

How do you know everyone didn't live to be over 800 years old? I will say that around 127 A.D., everyone suddenly started living only to be 70, rather than 700. What proof do you offer to counter this?

What proof do you have to make the statement in the first place? If our life expectancy isn't over 100 and we have medical care and advances in technology, what are the chances of surviving in an era without these? If the average age to marry was 13, the average childbearing age 15, i'm guessing the life expectancy age was low.

Can you give me the date when a year started being a year? What was the exact date? Do you even know what kind of time system people used before "B.C." and "A.D."?

Actually, yes. Apparently they were on the Julian calender. But as they didn't have time telling devices, it's hard to know if they actually used this.

So you you believe the god from the bible, but not in the bible? Right. I'll just end this there.

One can be religious without taking the Bible 100% literal - i get taught by priests who tell us not everything can be applicable to modern society: It says it's okay to have slaves in the Bible. Do i believe that? No. Is it because i'm not religious? No. It's because society has changed, as have our morals.

Instead of facts to believe in God you claim to believe based on that it makes you feel comfortable to believe it. Thus using this stance to justify the validity of your belief.

That was one example. I don't solely believe in God for comfort - comfort being the word i used, not comfortable: as in supported and secure.

So you don't see how basing a belief on no proof is flawed? Which you have clearly admit to doing? Before you yet again try to trot out how this is in science I have already covered how it's not!

I have previously stated that blind belief is of course flawed, but i won't know until either religion or science proves itself 100%. I guess we'll see then.

We can't get 100% as it has to remain falsifiable in order to to revise improving or if need be discarding outdated and false views. However what we do have is you accepting something with 0% evidence then turning around and demanding 100% evidence to stop believing it.
Happen to see something just a bit off here?

Read my previous post on what some people would classify religious evidence.

Why be so inconsistent and use double standards?

Why be so closed-minded?

What we have is objective evidence.

I watched tree documentaries on the big-bang yesterday, were all scientists referred to it as provisional, which is were i got the term.

What makes you think these two things you picked out of the Bible are correct while others aren't?

The likes of parables we know aren't to be taken literally, along wit the changes in society.

trying to suppress science and teach your religion in schools

I went to a Catholic school where we learned both religion and science - both taught without one trying to convince the other was wrong: I was the only one to do religion at college, many people did science - so it can't be blamed on schooling.

You force your beliefs on us all, bother us with them, try to convert us, call us sinners and attack us for it. We're simply saying what you believe doesn't make sense, you're saying we're evil.

Where have you seen me say the likes? I have said i respect and accept people who believe in the big bang theory. Just because i don't doesn't mean i want you to convert.

I can't be bothered looking over the rest because it was probably directed at those involved.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

the problem whit christians is that they are not willing to listen or actualy THINK ABOUT IT.

You cannot generalize an entire religion.
Some of us are willing to listen and think.
I have friends who speak a lot about science - i believe both played a part in creation: but not the way the big bang theory tells.
I do however science was necessary in the creation process: for the likes of vegetation etc.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

seems like you got a perfect life there sofar. i hope for you it stays that way so you can indeed die knowing a god is waiting for ya.
but do you also believe in the other gods of other religions?
or do believe that we have 5 heavens wich do sport competitions for fun?

shift4101
shift4101
196 posts
Peasant

Jefferysinspiration. You are awful. Seriously, what you believe is so influenced by what the world says right now it is pathetic. And that wouldn't bother me, except you claim to believe in the same God from the bible, the same God I believe in.

Where have you seen me say the likes? I have said i respect and accept people who believe in the big bang theory. Just because i don't doesn't mean i want you to convert.

So you will watch the person who instigated this reply burn in hell forever? Or do you not believe in hell? It is wrong to assume anything you believe, it is what you want to believe. Take out what seems nice and friendly from the bible and ignore the rest, and undermine it. You say what I believe is wrong and right at the same time, I just have to listen to both sides, and ignore what needs to be ignored for both of them to be correct.

It is not fair to the rest of the Christians of the world for you to call yourself one. You have taken all the work out of loving God. You don't need to try and save others, you don't need to strive to not sin, you don't even need to communicate with others what the bible says. You just have to believe, and you will be rewarded. Its the ultimate lazy christian principle. You do practically nothing and still get eternal rewards. I would say that is not fair, if I were the one deciding that. And the bible is not speaking metaphorically. There wasn't even a word for metaphors when it was written. There is a thing as being too open minded. Not everyone has to be right, you know. Somewhere some how, either Man or God got it wrong, and I put my money on Man. You obviously split your bank and put money on both tables.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

You cannot generalize an entire religion.

I know when a general term like "Christians",creationists, Americans, Europeans, scientists, mailman's. Is used that there are always lots of exceptions. I only use those general terms because els my post whold become really long whit even more spelling errors.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

If I believe non Christians where listening I didn't say a thing to them. No need or the effort then.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

It is not fair to the rest of the Christians of the world for you to call yourself one. You have taken all the work out of loving God. You don't need to try and save others, you don't need to strive to not sin, you don't even need to communicate with others what the bible says. You just have to believe, and you will be rewarded. Its the ultimate lazy christian principle. You do practically nothing and still get eternal rewards.

How can you judge my entire life after reading only a few posts on the internet? I do nothing for the Christian mission?

So i don't volunteer three days and three nights a week at the homeless shelter, living out Lukes message of helping the outcasted?
So i don't teach a kids Summer group, spreading the word of God?
So i don't follow the ten commandments? Because from my knowledge, i've never stolen or murdered.
I do not repent my Sins to God? Oh wait i do.

ou don't need to try and save others, you don't need to strive to not sin, you don't even need to communicate with others what the bible says. You just have to believe, and you will be rewarded

Really? Want to try that one again?

And the bible is not speaking metaphorically. There wasn't even a word for metaphors when it was written. There is a thing as being too open minded.

Do you even attend church? Because priests, as the new disciples, preach parables as metaphors.

You obviously split your bank and put money on both tables

No, see i acknowledge science is in the world - that is concrete. So i know it plays a part in how our world runs.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Do not judge lest you be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

You clearly don't know the Bible as well as you think you do.

Do not Judge :].

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

The big bang was the result a insanely hot singularity suddenly exploding and pushing out everything there is in the current universe.

It wasn't an explosion it was more of an expansion, like a balloon blowing up.

So simply can I ask where the singularity came from, and you are unable to answer me in a scientific way.

There are several hypotheses currently being batted around by science. Mostly based on M theory.

For then I can just ask where that came from, and then where that came from, and then where that came from, forever and ever. You might speak as if you are a sudden beacon of light, but no one here should believe what you say.

Perhaps you have your own answer to deter this question, but the question still remains. And since it is unanswerable, what then do you make of everything you have reasoned out? Is there not a hole in your reason now?

**** you got me now I will have to start believing in some magical sky fairy doing it instead of doing the honest thing and saying I don't know.

What your basically proposing is the god of the gaps argument. It's a fallacy claiming to know what you don't know, inserting god into any gap of knowledge. Further more science doesn't claim to have all the answers, just a reliable method to reveal them.

And where did I come from?

Your moms womb about 9 months after your parents did something you probably don't want to think about them doing.

Or if we teach the alternative the Stork carried you to the door step one day.

Or how my Grandmother first explained it to my mom. You popped out of a magic hole in your mothers back.

Anyway on to someone I can take a bit more seriously on here.

I have previously stated that blind belief is of course flawed, but i won't know until either religion or science proves itself 100%. I guess we'll see then.

I'll just quote from something I've been working on putting together.

"We can never say a theory is proven as it's main attribute is that it's falsifiable, meaning it makes predictions about the natural world that are testable by experimentation."

Your requirements here are flawed. Further more you are believing religion religion with far less than what science does provide.

Read my previous post on what some people would classify religious evidence.

What page? From what I've seen the religious evidence is personal subjective experiences, funny feelings and an old book full of claims.

Why be so closed-minded?

I'm not, I just want something I can be independently verified first.
"Incredible claims require incredible evidence" -Carl Sagan

What can you think of that's more incredible than a god?

The likes of parables we know aren't to be taken literally,

many of the stories that you take as metaphor were regarded as literal. One prime example are many of the stories in the first few chapters of Genesis which were regarded as literal until around the 17th century.

I went to a Catholic school where we learned both religion and science - both taught without one trying to convince the other was wrong: I was the only one to do religion at college, many people did science - so it can't be blamed on schooling.

That doesn't fit at all with what I said. I was referring to how creationism tied pulling a run around and get taught as an alternative to evolution. When this failed it was cleaned up and tried again as intelligent design. This was an attempt to teach religion in public schools violating the already strained separation of church and state.

and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

What happens when we apply this last bit to the God of the Bible?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I know you're going to rip it to shreds anyways, but:

It all depends on what you call evidence.
I watched a documentary, not yet released here - i watched it in Indonesia, and i'm going there on Thursday, so i'll ask my dad for the name - where a woman suffered with stigmata. Before it started, she went to church, received communion and when she opened her mouth there was literally flesh in place of the bread.
Now this was given to scientists (who speak in the video to confirm their findings) - they say that the video was in no way altered.
They then asked the woman to receive communion again with them as witnessed, checked her mouth beforehand to make sure there was nothing there & it happened again.

Is what i stated a few pages back.
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

What happens when we apply this last bit to the God of the Bible?
This one is easy. The result is "true".
What can you think of that's more incredible than a god?
Incredible? You seem to be pulling a paradox based on the sense of words. Therefore more incredible is the existance of a self-controversial logic, which obviously exists. (Just look at what politicians do, and how it goes against anything, and they don't suffer.) Sad but true. So, given that this exists, God should more likely be existing than not. (I said once, for me God exists period, this phrasing is aimed at you.)

However I must say the youngster is a tasty trollfood
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Your being "brainwashed" by satan

Funny, i've never been spoken to by him.

The bible said that the world would do this. We knew we had it coming.

Lol. What better way to protect yourself than, "Any who oppose me are evil" and "People will not believe you." They don't believe you because anyone who puts any thought at all into it sees how it doesn't add up.

Jesus Christ loves you, and will forgive you for your sins.

Great. So where does eternal punishment come into "All loving god" and "Forgive your sins?"

All you have to do is pray to Jesus to come into you're heart and unlock the door. No one on earth can stop you from reaching him

Orly? Then how come when I was 3, 4, 5, 6 years old, and in sunday school learning all this, and when we prayed like that, nothing happened? I wasn't doubting it then, I had no reason to. I had no conflicting views then. So please, explain, why I felt absolutely nothing?

atheists are people simply against religions.

An Atheist is someone who doesn't have any belief in a god/deity. Nothing more. You can be a Buddhist and be an atheist.

Avorne, you seem to ignore me.

No, Shift. You're the one ignoring people. We're responding to your arguments. But then when we post, you say, "I'm not reading that," or, "Blah blah prayer blah accept into heart blah."

Think of everyone you love. Think of everyone you hate. Are they just going to be forgotten when you all die? Do they deserve death? Could you imagine your life without your loved ones? Will you really be turned into dust in the wind?

How you feel doesn't change what is. I'm sad my cat is going to die, just because I wish it were otherwise doesn't mean it won't happen. That's the difference between reality and a fairytale.

It all amounts to "I think" but you don't know

And religion amounts to, "Believe this or you're a sinner and will be tortured eternally."

Alright, after reading through the pages I missed...this is quite sad what it's degenerated to. All it is are mindless statements being, "Amened" and then a group bashing of "Accept JeBUS!"
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I know you're going to rip it to shreds anyways, but:

You want me to?
I found videos of it happening. It first off bothered me that the video stops as the communion wafer goes in her mouth and starts back up with the altered flesh in her mouth. This happens both times. We don't see anyone ever check her mouth first. I can't say much on that, however I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of sleight of hand here.

This is apparently the first time it happened.
Eucharistic miracle in Naju
2th Eucharistic Miracle in the Vatican

Incredible? You seem to be pulling a paradox based on the sense of words.

It's like if i were to say I had eggs and bacon for breakfast. This isn't a very incredible claim since it's a common dish people have for breakfast. So not to much is required to believe this claim.

If I were to say I had eggs and bacon with Elvis on his alien spaceship while flying to Mars. This is an incredible claim that would require more to back it up.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Alright, I know there are questions that atheists can't answer, and here is one of them, hopefully to make you think and doubt what you believe.

The only similiarities between Atheists is that they lack belief in religion, or else they're agnostic. There are other branches like Pantheism but they all follow that principle, and therefore doubting my belief means very little when all you do is ask a question I can't answer, then say "God did it"

but no one here should believe what you say.

The SAME rule for "from, from, from?" applies to God, the self-creation or "he was always there" is the same with the Big Bang. The only difference is that there is evidence / proof backing up scientific belief, whereas blind faith and indoctrination is what makes religion so powerful.

Are you really going to risk an eternal life on progress?

Bar everything else in that paragraph, this one is the worst. That, sir, is cowardice, and I pity your integrity if you actually follow religion for that.

Why must you grasp so tightly to your reason? Men will have it always until God reclaims the Earth. It will always be around, and if you become unsettled by anything that the bible teaches, it will always be there to comfort you. But use your reason now. It is time to listening to what heartless scientists have to say. And they are heartless or senseless, and cannot be neither. What they are teaching dooms and will doom millions to hell.

.... Wow.
One sec.
Why must you grasp so tightly to your reason?

It's reasonable, what kind of question is that?
Men will have it always until God reclaims the Earth.

Not only is that unreliable as our reason goes against Gods existance but... well hey - that's taking away our free will and thus goes against Gods word. I don't even want a reply on that part of the debate because it's probably hypothetical.

It will always be around, and if you become unsettled by anything that the bible teaches, it will always be there to comfort you.

Let a rapist comfort you.
Same philosophy.
Do I even need to explain HOW it's the same philosophy? It's blatantly obvious.

But use your reason now. It is time to listening to what heartless scientists have to say

Heartless?
I could call you heartless for not caring about your integrity and giving your free will for something that is most likely a myth. What a weak willed and astonishingly arrogant fool for asking others to do the same.
Do scientists? Maybe, not all of them and I'd say it's the minority, most of the time they give you the information, not a recommendation, not an opinion.

And they are heartless or senseless, and cannot be neither. What they are teaching dooms and will doom millions to hell.

To you. Your just throwing unnecessary insults without ACTUALLY backing up your debates - instead of insulting our side why don't you give yours a solid foundation? That's scientific's side, we have a lot more going for us than you guys do.

You won't just lose your reason if you convert, but all that time you put into listening to atheistic literature.

How much time have you been looking at biblical literature?

You must feel as if you will be rewarded someday for working so hard. But listen to me when I tell you the time you invested does not matter.

Screw my manners, **** you dude.

How about, before you go telling us what matters and not you go look at yourself, because thus far you've been what I've told you've shown previously, you're fighting with mud and you're a dirty ****ing liar.

It is nothing in compared to eternity, and does not come with all the stress

Your cowardice is disgusting, it's that simple. Do you enjoy living your life in fear? Or have you coated your fears with beliefs that the Bible and the Lord will save you ?

Do you even ENJOY life? It sounds like you can't wait to get out of it.

You have taken so much time to reassure yourself you are correct, I believe you have stopped listening to both sides.

Look at how badly you have drawn perspective on my side, and then you say that WE stopped listening? I've listened to BS like this more than once before, why would you think that I would still find it even ENTERTAINING?!

The only difference is I believe I am hitting the bullseye wherever I throw, as long as I hold the right darts, while your darts require worldly materials to make. In no way are they blessed, but you seem to grip them tightly.

What "worldly materials"?
The reason you throw them at the wall is because you trust that a referee will come along and take you to a strip club even if the other has hit bullseyes 6 times in a row and you've just dropped the dart.
Also, they actually are blessed considering that to a reasonable person they are pretty much UNDENIABLE.

I believe you are a real person, not just an information bank, and have all the troubles and issues as the next person. I am just telling you there is a way out of one of your worries and will always be open.

Because we're incapable of solving for it ourselves... of course.

Like a two way door in a cheap motel, you just need to unlock your side and Jesus will enter. He will not look down on you for spreading the works of man, but he will hug you and he will love you as a brother, and God will love you as a son. You just need to sit and let him in.

If a stranger walked to your doorstep and asked to come in without any reason, would you actually let him in?
Because you're a fool if you would.

atheists do not have by defenition something against religions.
atheists are just not believing any of the religions fairytales.

The way I construed your second sentence (fairytales) I assume you follow the first one.

And where did I come from? God created me. The thoughts of men shall not deter me. I am blessed to share love.

Prove that God made you, then prove where God came from.
Oh wait, you can't.
The thoughts of men do deter you on a daily basis, hell, I doubt you're even aware of how your brain twists your opinions on every turn.
Also, I love Starcraft II, and I am not blessed - a dumb point to make.

I will never believe in evolution.

You could have saved me the time of writing all this by mentioning that at the start.

It is different from the bible in so many ways, and yet exactly the same.

The principles behind it are way way different. The Big Bang is a viable explanation with no real reason (that we know of) whereas God is a method of comfort and has no viable explanation.

Both are written by Man, only one is inspired by what man is made.

State that as fact MORE please.
Prove it - because thus far it's a loop of creation that does not make sense.

And placed trust in men is the worst mistake any man can make.

Indeed, look how stupid and unreasonable they can look.

Perhaps you should back that up, because what you jsut said is utterly rediculous and actually ironically goes against our nature, which also means congratulations at countering an argument with an invalid one.

Which is what MageGrayWolf has done. He has submerged himself in the literature, and will probably die even more submerged.

How passionate, closed-minded and arrogant do you have to be to not see the same happening to you? Passion = good. Close-minded = 100% bad.
Arrogant = Requires moderation - something you haven't applied considering your insane amount of hypocricy.

You are completely and utterly submerged in biblical teachings and attempt to use it as an argument which is so rediculously backwards to any logical person.

There is little hope he can throw away what men have taught him, and imbrace what God teaches.

The same applies to you. Before you ridicule our debates with insults and assumptions, why don't you take a look at both sides first ? I have, I done it when I was much younger because I looked at it from a logical standpoint - something inexplicable that requires belief, or something explainable that can be made eventually clear? I'd rather go for the religious thing when I see proof because really an effort towards finding something better would beat an unreasonable and blind faith any day.

God teaches truth, love, and life for humanity.

Says the Crusades.
Oh, and to make that a solid point:
Indeed, there are arguments that Christians do not follow that idealogy, but what about if God didn't follow previous Christians' idealogy? If he didn't, he didn't do anything to stop people being murdered in the name of him, he didn't bother aiding those resisting Christianity with undeniable proof. If you follow Christianity, then sorry, but you are siding with Gods contradictory and pretty merciless behaviour (or lack of behaviour).

also teaches about human nature, and approaches every issue that has and will ever come about in the time of Man

What human nature? The unexplained parts of people using stupidity to their advantage? Same happened with the Crusades and quite frankly probably has happened to you on numerous occasions. Those who follow with caution and logic will do much better than blind faith and a trust of protection via probably mythological deity.

Perhaps he will not listen to what I have to say, but maybe a silent onlooker will, and be more endowed with truth than the truth MageGrayWolf has to offer.

How exactly is it not truth? The only thing going against it is the obvious unbacked "teachings" you have to offer which in turn are not backed up anyway.
They're not even truth, they're just something we trust because it has logic / evidence / proof, and until something with a better foundation comes along it should remain that way.

By the way, to whoever reads this, I'm Jesse. I am 16 years old and about to be a Junior in High School. I run competitively. I am a real person. It is nice to meet you.

Do I actually care? Sorry, but no, learning about your life effects me in no way and I don't feel anything for your age / school or the fact that you're a real person, because quite frankly that's like you learning about Charles Darwin.

The only difference is you are so much less significant.

But the internet does seem to dehumanize people, and I thought introducing myself would help that out a little.

With your pathetic views on the meaning of life etc I can only imagine you being this immensely indoctrinated drone.
At least I'm being honest. What else would it be? I can come up with a few things but most are unnecessarily unreasonable.

I knew someone would try and demoralize me because of my age, but I did it anyways, because it was what it took.

I'm 14, and your views seem childish to me - it's like believing in Santa because you was told he was real.

Hell, how ironic - you say you distrust the teachings of man and yet that is exactly what religion is. Why trust the guy who gave the message of God if you don't trust ANY teachings? Why would you TRUST A MAN? I mean like GAWD JEEZ seriously?
No... really, that's a very hypocritical point.

Why do your words seem to hold anger? Did I upset you? Is it because I won't listen to what material evidence you offer? You won't listen to the evidence I have to offer.

Don't even go there.

Is it because your evidence is based off the works of man? My religion is based on the works of God. Is it easy for you to say I am wrong? It is easy for me to say you are wrong.

Because you don't listen, you say "God says this", and we say "How do you know God is real" and you say "Faith?"
We say "This happened", you say "How though?" we say "Because X is Y and Z had to" or w/e and you say "But why" and we say "We don't know", then you're like "AHA! I caught you out!"

There is no reason for being unless you would like to be Gods slave - I would rather make my own reason for being, which thus far has been trying to convince those probably mislead into looking at a much more self-sufficient standpoint.

Look the point is is that beyond whatever proof you might hold, lies the love of Jesus. It's just a matter of how opaque the sheet of evidence is that covers him up.

No. It's that you make a huge effort in actually seeing this that you fail to see the principle behind most reasons. There is no proof or evidence truthfully suggesting the reality that God is real and your failed logic in USING biblical scripture to prove your point that it is correct (as well as insults to us to make us look bad) is terrible, to say the least.

No, with what little effort you put into that post I'm not even going to bother respond what is to me an obvious set of lies.

WOW.... Are you that ****ed up ?!

It doesn't take effort because your arguments have no ground - perhaps me pointing that out over and over again goes to show that, lack of effort is like you not putting in the effort to be open minded, except partydevil's "lack" was because it wasn't necessary.

I like the idea of evolution. It makes sense, and is interesting. It just is wrong.

Not only are those contradictory but .... It just is wrong? Did you REALLY just say that?
This is a hopeless debate.

I'm a real person, and have seen the evidence. And none of it was worth doubting God for.

You are a coward, that's all I need to say.

Nothing there wanted to make me lose my eternal life, nothing that wanted me to believe that we are all incapable of denying our nature, and nothing that made me stop loving the men and women of the world.

First line? Yep, cowardice. The last line? I thought you didn't trust in them.

All you are doing is insulting me. Poorly.

So not only are you a hypocrite but you're being a sly *******. Are you YET AGAIN trying to twist our words? Are you YET AGAIN trying to make us look evil?

Read what I have wrote. What I say is true. It is the only thing that is true.

Prove it you dolt - that's the only darn reasoning we need, is some PROOF.

Nothing matters. Nothing you say here matters. What matters is what you believe in the moments before you die, where you are sent to when you die

So instead of sticking your head in the sand you should live as an individual, not a religious drone, and you should live with a purpose other than serving this hateful egomaniac who will punish you for not loving his unreasonable and unproven ways.

All you have to do to live the rest of your life on Earth in love, and then eternity in heaven, is believe in God.

Prove it.

- H
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Jefferysinspiration. You are awful. Seriously, what you believe is so influenced by what the world says right now it is pathetic.

And why is that? What does your primitive 2,000 year old knowledge have to say about it?
That's actually what it is, incase you haven't noticed.

And that wouldn't bother me, except you claim to believe in the same God from the bible, the same God I believe in.

Because YOUR interpretation is right? Arrogance... again?

It is wrong to assume anything you believe, it is what you want to believe.

You are such a bad dictator. I wish I could believe in Religion (don't you ****ing dare trying to convert me now) but I am a logical person and find reason in evolution and the Big Bang, certainly much moreso than Religion.

Take out what seems nice and friendly from the bible and ignore the rest, and undermine it.

It's all contradictory and none of it is backed up. So even if we were to be that sly and backstabbing (like you) there wouldn't be a need.
Half the arguments saying "we" don't even need that word, I speak for MYSELF but I can say as a FACT that there are people with the same beliefs as I on this subject.

You say what I believe is wrong and right at the same time, I just have to listen to both sides, and ignore what needs to be ignored for both of them to be correct.

I say believe what makes sense and can actually be explained, thus those lines you wrote there? Yeah, they're invalid.

It is not fair to the rest of the Christians of the world for you to call yourself one.

Will I judge all Christians for your closeminded arrogance coupled with the insults you threw at us?
Nope.
Will it influence me?
Yes, I see the idiocy present in society.

You are not one to judge whom is worthy to be a Christian - your precious Bible says that itself.
FAIL. And you call yourself a Christian?!

Its the ultimate lazy christian principle.

The "lazy" Christian principle actually doesn't do harm, meanwhile you've just been a stressful idiot who's probably wrecked a lot of peoples hopes for open minded conversation - me, at least. Meanwhile, religion is lazy as a whole, you have all the "answers" and all the rules without the need to explore for yourself.
Hypocritical, once again.

You do practically nothing and still get eternal rewards. I would say that is not fair, if I were the one deciding that.

So do you disagree with God?
And yet, you're a Christian?
Be quiet, man, seriously.

And the bible is not speaking metaphorically.

Because your interpretation is right?
What would you like me to do, list this as another hint of arrogance?

There wasn't even a word for metaphors when it was written

What is your point? There was still the concept, and that is pretty obvious. Before the word "Freedom" was created did people still have it? Are tigers free? Are animals free?
The majority are, yes.

There is a thing as being too open minded.

Open-mindedness and naive are too entirely different things. Open-mindedness is the opposite as close-mindedness which as stated before is 100% bad, you can be open-minded but still not believe in it.

Somewhere some how, either Man or God got it wrong, and I put my money on Man.

Prove God is real before you say he can actually doing anything like that.
You would throw away your trust and love (even though you said you loved them) for humanity for this unproven deity because your cowardice says you should go on the safe side for an excellent eternal life?

I think I can summarise everything I want to say to you in two words:
Piss off.
@Jefferysinspiration I think I've made it clear that I am against religion but I find your reasoning in the debates on page 201 sound. I like people like you whom even though bare different beliefs still have the maturity to debate on a logical basis, thanks man

It's like if i were to say I had eggs and bacon for breakfast. This isn't a very incredible claim since it's a common dish people have for breakfast. So not to much is required to believe this claim.
If I were to say I had eggs and bacon with Elvis on his alien spaceship while flying to Mars. This is an incredible claim that would require more to back it up.

I think the only reason I'd believe you on the first one is because it's insignificant. A spaceship on Mars with Elvis is wild and significant - if someone said something about your fav. football player being gay when it is evidently not the case (to you), wouldn't you go to some measure to go against it?
Football doesn't matter to me but it's a valid point nonetheless really, I honestly do not care about what you had for breakfast. :P
Because it's INSIGNIFICANT.

- H
Showing 1966-1980 of 4668