ForumsWEPRFun talk about sweet stuff candy etc. lol

56 9680
R4in3r5
R4in3r5
74 posts
Peasant

I was sort of bored so i tought why not make a new topic?

• 56 Replies
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

@ Godofsalt
That's what I was thinking, it just seems counterintuitive ^.^
Everyone should try soy milk.. chocolate soy milk is delicious!! Well, all of it is... *wonders when she became such an advocate for soy beans...*

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Don't swallow your toothpaste though...it's kinda not good for the consumption...

I happen to be mildly allergic to soy products ;..; They generally irritate my stomach. Consequentially, I dislike the taste of soy products, but that's just me.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

p.s. DM, you are such a neo-hippy.

I don't even know what that term means c.c

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

*giggles* Well, I suppose there are worse things to be called. I probably am... I like that term!

Yeah, toothpaste can be poisonous, especially the fluoridated kind, with children. Does that mean that fluoridated water is poisonous as well? Ooh, new topic!

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Okay, to answer your question. It makes teeth stronger ...well not stronger, but more resilient to decay, because it bonds with your enamel, creating a sort of shield that is more resistant to acids, and also this fluoridated surface attracts Calcium molecules to rebuild ares that have been decayed. The problem with it being internally is that it binds with the interior of your bones, reconstructing them into a sort of crystalline structure that is much more brittle. Also the interior of your bones being fluoridated does not help with anything because there is no need to prevent decay, your bones don't decay.

What they were planning on doing with the Fluoridated water is that when it goes in your mouth it was supposed to wash over your teeth and help in the way, but most of it is ingested, and most of it remains in our bodys making our bones weaker.

About soy milk: I have had soy milk before, a long time ago. I think it freaked me out because it was really sweet. I bet if I had some now, I would like it. I think I'll get some next week when I go get food.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
584 posts
Nomad

Sugar is necessary for life.
That is my position on this topic.

Flouridated water is a bad idea for all of the reasons listed above. I think water purification plants should just boil it and then go pump it to peoples houses.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Do tell us about the conclusion to your soy-milk odyssey, Flip

I was always a bit worried at the idea of flouridated water...I was like "is this water for washing, or drinking with?" That said, now they (too tired to think of who exactly) are thinking of putting iodine in the water, seeing as iodised salt isn't being produced nor consumed nearly as much (too much salt --> raised blood pressure...which is true if you eat as much salt as some people do...sheesh) but now people aren't eating *any* salt because, oh wow, salt is teh evil. Which results in an increased incidence of thyroid dysfunction.

I wonder what kind of ions you get in the water from the pipes. They aren't entirely corrosion resistant, you know :P

@ Ninjacube: yeah, people kinda forget that. The whole "sugar is bad for you, you shouldn't have sugar!" is somewhat misleading...

Make no mistake people, glucose (in its various forms at varying times, be it dextrose, fructose or galactose) is essential for survival, seeing as it's your body's primary source of fuel. In fact, it's the only fuel your red blood cells will take, and it's also the only fuel your brain can actually handle, which is why your body will try to maintain its level at all costs. That doesn't mean you ought to overload your insulin mechanisms with it, obviously, but yeah. It's not like the devil or anything.

dawn5555
dawn5555
26 posts
Nomad

I have a vicious sweet tooth. That's why I came here. But instead of talking about my happy new cookie recipe, I'll just share that there is an option if you feel so strongly about this. You can move to rural America and drink well water. My brother-in-law and his family live in small town Oklahoma and have no fluoride in their water. And actually, I think it's a city supply, not well water. Not sure how that works, but I'm just saying you do have a choice.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oops, should have said:

"...will try to maintain its blood glucose concentration at all costs."

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Or steal a distilling apparatus from your nearest chem lab :P

...a happy cookie recipe? TELL US!

Nerdius
Nerdius
420 posts
Nomad

I think that only @ armor games could you find a serious topic on sweet stuff candy etc. I mean, only here could you ever find serious on something that was labeled "Fun"

DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Sweets are ok, but I can live without them.

I feel that my attitude plus a fairly active lifestyle contributes much to the fact that I'm 45 but still wear the same size jeans that I wore when I was 18. I am height/weight proportionate and always will be.

Enjoy your sweets. Enjoy the Cardiopulmonary Disease that you'll end up with.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hm, I think the sweets are being villified here. Does anybody here know how to calorie-count?

Serving sizes in Australia and the US, I know for a fact, are generally way to freakin' big. That's why > 1/2 of the total population in both countries is at least moderately to grossly overweight.

dawn5555
dawn5555
26 posts
Nomad

I'm almost ashamed to share this, but sweets are okay in moderation.

Take any boxed cake mix you like. Mix with 2 eggs and 1/2 cup oil (or a little bit less) Drop like cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 325 or 350 until done. I've found time varies based on where you live and your oven etc. You can tell because the edges start to look dry. I cook them at 325 for about 14 minutes.

Anyway, frost with cake frosting. Here are some I've found to be just lovely for rotting my teeth.

Strawberry cake mix with vanilla frosting
yellow cake mix with chocolate frosting
vanilla and vanilla
spice cake with cream cheese frosting.

Easy and cheap home baked cookies. Now go brush your teeth.

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

Ya i look at people with astonishment who say stuff like "oh that is so good, but its so bad for you" When the thing they are talking about is a turkey sandwich with veggies on whole grain. I think people today are completely confused. Healthy things are things that nourish you, and give you the vitamins, minerals, and energy your body needs.

Stop eating processed artificial food and killing yourselves, and eat the healthy stuff. If you are becoming round because of it, get some self discipline and don't eat as much, or become more active.

I think people nowadays want to gobble down as much yumminess as they want because it makes them happy, without taking in a single calorie.

We live in such a lazy world.

I don't want to brag, but I work out and run at least 3 days a week on average. More when classes are easy, less (as right now ) when they are hard. And I sometimes eat a couple sugar cubes before I go, so I can get some quick glucose.

Does anyone else find it gross eating fake food? I don't know why, but I can just taste how artificial it is. And even if I can't, I just get grossed out knowing that I am eating something that isn't even food.

Showing 16-30 of 56