The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do for your country?

21 3964
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Most young people these days are considered far less patriotic than they should be. But does the country deserve it?
Sometimes things like patriotism come from simple things like respect for your community.

How patriotic do you consider yourself?> Does your couuntry deserve it? And how far would you go to protect and/or serve your country?

• 21 Replies
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

How patriotic do you consider yourself?>

I wouldn't say i'm a die-hard patriot for my country, but I definitely really care about my country's well-being.

Does your couuntry deserve it?

I don't see why it doesn't deserve my devotion, I am grateful to live where I live and am very proud of it. Which leads into the next question....

And how far would you go to protect and/or serve your country?

If I feel my country, family, and friends are truly at risk, I would be willing to die for my country. If I feel all I would be doing by being 'atriotic' in (insert scenario here) is furthering someone/something else's interests, I would not do a thing at all.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

I view my country as a place to be respected on the basis of history. My great grandfather fought and lived through WWII. He was at the landing on Juno beach when the Allies stormed Normandy. But that's where my respect ends. I hold no respect for my government. They lie ceaselessly and do nothing to aid the working middle class. And Canada's middle class is vanishing, rapidly. Also, I;m a student so my government ignores me.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Thanks so far. Just remember to say which country you're from before hitting sbmit!

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

Thanks so far. Just remember to say which country you're from before hitting sbmit!

Sorry, I'm from America.

And you, Kind Sir, should include it in the OP then to put your country in the post!
redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

I represent my clients to the government so I'm tied in pretty deep. I'm interested in running for Representative of Washington State or for the state of Kansas in a few years so I am pretty patriotic. I don't like the fact that government is shrewn in this theory that they are out to screw everything. Yes it is ridiculous and it is corrupt at times but it could be worse. It's hard to contemplate the tough decisions that you'd have to make in the same position.

A more straight forward answer, I would die for my country if it meant I would help save millions or at least the concept that my government stood for.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

I am from Finland, and my grannys dad died in WWII...

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I have to say, I am quite confused when it comes to the issue of identity. Though, I love my country and support it all the way. I'm from New Zealand by the way.

hitmanvp95
hitmanvp95
1,089 posts
Nomad

Hey i love my country, for me, there is no better country in the world. But it's not like it has done something for me, you know? All i hear about is crisis, and how we're going into recession and stuff. Still i guess i would be prepared to defend my homeland in somekind of war. I'm from Portugal btw.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't do anything for my country, where a person is born shouldn't be a big deal or something that one has to honour or defend, I feel no allegiance or patronage to England at all.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I'm an American and, barring any severly idiotic decisions that may be made soon, I would be willing to die for my country if it would truly help. If America is invaded, I will grab a 30-06 and drive out to the front line to kill the sons of *****es.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

as much as i dont like saying this. i wouldnt do alot for my country. i would do alot to a person even one i dont know though. its kind of difficult for me to explain. i guess since i dont feel so proud of my country i just feel that way.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I wouldn't die for my contry, but I do love it. My country is corrupt to be worth dying for.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Yes, but you also have to think of what will happen to those people if the country falls.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Yes, but you also have to think of what will happen to those people if the country falls.

Well mty contry has a law saying that all men with brothers have to spend a year in military service, so we don't have a shortage in soldieres.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

How patriotic do you consider yourself?

2 out of 10.

Obviously I would love to see my country move to a better future. But with the current state of things, mostly the government, I can't say I have much respect.

Does your couuntry deserve it?

Right now, no. It does not deserve my respect. And every-time i try to respect it, I look at some of the better countries and I lose all my respect. Plus our history is very sickening.

And how far would you go to protect and/or serve your country?

If there was a revolution, as long as the cause of it is reasonable, I would side with the revolutionists. If the country was attacked by an other equal country, I would run away.

-Canada
Showing 1-15 of 21