ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506799
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

You disappoint me daleks. I was hoping that you would be one of those emotionally unstable ones who needs my help.
*sees above posts*
I mean, not that it's a BAD thing. I er... uh... I'm just going to go now....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Asking girl to prom. She is a grade higher than me.

Wait a minute..does that mean you area only a junior??
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Wait a minute..does that mean you area only a junior??

No. I am a senior.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

But I say again, you hang out with us all day long and we are from the Internet. There is no way you landed a collage girl.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

There is no way you landed a collage girl.

I don't think anyone can score a collage girl, really.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Collage girls don't change emotion. I think you meant college pickpocket. Why is it so hard to think that I could have a shot with a girl in college?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Collage girls don't change emotion.

I hate you all >
Why is it so hard to think that I could have a shot with a girl in college?

Because youre one of us.
Have fun doing whatever a senior shovel does at prom.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Have fun doing whatever a senior shovel does at prom.

I haven't asked her yet. I plan to ask her over her spring break.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

@fantasy4life

Ok, so if you were kind enough to read the whole story, If you have any advice whatsoever, I would gladly listen to it, I am desperate. I mean it, any advice.

Don't second guess yourself. The entirety of that trainwreck is because you preempted yourself and how you thought your crush might react.

Then again my straightforward approach to people is due to my being hopelessly concrete and starkly transparent at the same time, so when I feel that I'm not going to ruin any lives I will straight up announce to somebody that I like, "I like you", and the reactions are amazing: they range from somebody looking like a bomb fell on their house, to getting jumped. Your own mileage may vary.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Ok, so if you were kind enough to read the whole story, If you have any advice whatsoever, I would gladly listen to it, I am desperate. I mean it, any advice.

Several mistakes made here. Firstly, never start a conversation with a crush, and a distant one at that, by confessing. Be casual. Be cool about it. Secondly, don't let her realise she has the power at the first meeting. Be the settler/person being chased, and not the reverse. This allows you to be the power holder in the relationship, as crude and ungentlemanly as it seems. Thirdly, put yourself in her shoes. You liked her because of her looks (seeing as you have never really talked to her). Years later, you approach her, and declare your love. It comes out as plain creepy, even though you aren't.

Asking girl to prom. She is a grade higher than me.

How well do you know her?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

How well do you know her?

Pretty well. We were in 2 classes together last year and 1 the year before. Plus I talk to her almost every day.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Pretty well. We were in 2 classes together last year and 1 the year before. Plus I talk to her almost every day.

Has the relationship dwelled into the realm of romantic, and more than friends?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Has the relationship dwelled into the realm of romantic, and more than friends?

We are not in a relationship. I just plan on asking her to prom. Whatever happens after that is up in the air.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Just ask her to the dance man. Face to face, drop it casually. It's not a big fuss.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Just ask her to the dance man. Face to face, drop it casually. It's not a big fuss.

That is what I am going to do. But the earliest I can see her is over her spring break which is not for another week.
Showing 1756-1770 of 2106