ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 506808
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

My parents- like the girl im dating, but don't like me dating

Well the problem I thing you've got is that they don't trust you around her(because of kids these days) and that she should hang around your house first since her mom and dad trust her around you .. Her hanging around you in front of your parents will make them(hopefully) trust her a lot more with you around her alone.
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Well the problem I thing you've got is that they don't trust you around her(because of kids these days) and that she should hang around your house first since her mom and dad trust her around you

Story of my life for the past 7 months >.>

Don't go throwing around your License in your parents face. It'll probably piss em off, and possibly delay you in getting said license.

No plans on doing that at all.

f you want to approach this in an adult-type way, try asking your parents.

HA! My parents don't take me seriously ever when it comes to my relationships. I just have to face the fact that I'm pretty much toast until I can stop relying on them to drive me places.

Plus the girl's dad is a class A ************ (no idea what I'm trying to say, but you get the impression). For example, he just yelled at her today for sleeping in an extra hour before doing her chores. >.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Easy solution: run away with each other
hard solution: ask your parents why. why they dont take you seriously. grow some balls and ask questions. Bring up trust. Bring up that they dont trust you enough. This is usually a winner. Say something like, "why dont you guys trust me enough to see that i can handle myself?" or "Im not a little kid anymore. Im capable of being responsible for myself and her."

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

ask your parents why. why they dont take you seriously. grow some balls and ask questions. Bring up trust. Bring up that they dont trust you enough. This is usually a winner. Say something like, "why dont you guys trust me enough to see that i can handle myself?" or "Im not a little kid anymore. Im capable of being responsible for myself and her."

Like I haven't tried all of this before. I've tried to talk to them. I've asked them why they don't trust me. I've asked all the tough questions. And you know what I get in return? The canned, "It's a parental decision, and we don't need to explain ourselves" answer.
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

Hmm well don't stop their. Press harder. Their may be a lot of yelling but just keep pressing until they cave. Eventually they will break and stop yelling and explain their reasoning. It's also a chance that they don't want you to grow up and dating symbolizes maturity. They might just not want you to leave.

bobawesome
bobawesome
116 posts
Peasant

how do you get a girl if you don't know if she has a boyfriend or not

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

You ask her out and then if she has a boyfriend you pray to god she tells you so you don't get beaten up by the high school quarterback?
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

It's simple, stalk them on Facebook.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

you ask her or one of her friends in a subtle way.
TheAmazingMatt
TheAmazingMatt
2 posts
Nomad

wow, first we have 16 pregnant now the age keeps goin down! 15 14 13...

did you know that there's a 9 year-old couple in China that has kids?
wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

Well the problem I thing you've got is that they don't trust you around her(because of kids these days)

Heres my friend on this "Sorry for making an impression like that on the rest of the world bro,"
And @zakyman Wow, just keep pressing them, and do what pickpocket says to do, his advice seems to have worked in the past a lot and I would say what he did, except i don't wana copy all that down >_<
#generalrelationshipthread

ARGHHH STUPID TWITER BRAINWASHED ME... STUPID HASHTAGGING
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

Problem solved guys! We're seeing each other on Wednesday

but the parent issue is still sorta there, however the short term objective was achieved

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Ready two questions/problems.

first basic info. I am in middle school. I think dating before high school is immature and highly ridiculous. someone said in an early comment that dating in middle school is just sitting together in class and i find that true especially in my school.(there are some deeper relationships) So i dont want to have a relationship. oh and im a guy. i have very MINIMAL contact with the outside world. no social networking. i dont have a phone. i only use imessage on my ipod. even then i only text my 3 closest friends.

#1: a complete b**** asked me out THREE days after she put on Facebook that we were in a relationship. everyone knows she is a b**** and i got dirty looks at school before i knew anything was going on(remember oblivious to outside world). so when she did ask me out(at the end of the day) i was pissed off because she didnt respect that i didnt want anything to do with dating and i was really mad at the facebook thing. so as a parry-repost(fencing terminology) she started spreading extremely mean rumors about me. they werent true and i wont tell what they were. so then she started vebaly attacking one of my female friends(she is just a neighbor and part of the group of people i hang out with) by calling her a lesbian and started some anti lesbian thoughts of other kids.( the victim is NOT a lesbian FYI) so basically how do i handle this situation.

#2; as my bio says, i do archery and last night at archery i shared a target with a girl my age. i have never seen/talked to this girl before. her dad runs the archery range and her sister is a state archery champion. we end up knowing the same people, and she asks for my phone number. obviously i have no idea how to react so i give her my number(home phone. remember i dont have a phone) what do i do now. i dont like her but i can tell she likes me. what do i do? do i call her? if yes, When? i go to archery every monday, and sometimes friday. If i do call her, what do i say? Help!!

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

"THREE days after"

should be "three days AFTER"

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

she started spreading extremely mean rumors about me. they werent true and i wont tell what they were.

This ***** as you call her doesn't seem very respected by the community judging by the looks people gave you. Ignore her. Everything out of her mouth will be forgotten.

As for number two, try to keep it strictly archery, maybe hang out if you feel it necessary. But I would say to stay with most of your conversations near archery. Although that said, if they begin to grow on you, don't deny it.
Showing 1066-1080 of 2106