The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 507124
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I dont recall you mentioning saying anything about saying no because you already had a girlfriend.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Some girl (who likes me) asked me on face book of I wanted to have oral sex with her so I had to say no because my parents monitor my facebook. I also probaly would have said no because I have no way to get to her house and she's dog ugly. Then about a week later my girlfriend kissed me at a pool party.

Ummmmmm, how old are you guys?
KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Some girl (who likes me) asked me on face book of I wanted to have oral sex with her so I had to say no because my parents monitor my facebook. I also probaly would have said no because I have no way to get to her house and she's dog ugly. Then about a week later my girlfriend kissed me at a pool party.

I fail to see the problem?
haha i kid... i don't understand the question being asked actually...
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

I think he just wanted to show off lol. There's really no problem here, at least nothing he brought up.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Shouldn't the problem here b that he said no to oral sex because the girl was ugly/his parents monitor his facebook and not because he had a girlfriend?

If you're young enough to have your internet usage monitored - you're too young for sexual relationshps.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

Shouldn't the problem here b that he said no to oral sex because the girl was ugly/his parents monitor his facebook and not because he had a girlfriend?

thats what I said, only without all the fancy punctuations and grammars.

I think he just wanted to show off lol. There's really no problem here, at least nothing he brought up.

the problem is, the guy who brought it up is 13.
KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

I'm back again...mainly because I'm losing all faith in my relationship abilities...even though I just helped a girl out with getting a boy interested... bleh!
The girl I am asking out sometime next week(we made plans to hang, im going to surprise her) i feel as if she still likes my best friend... a lot... she says she doesn't, that he gets angry at her when she doesnt talk to him, but idk if i should believe her...but i do. I like this girl so so much....but tonight i was driven crazy and i was honest with her... 'I f***ing hate guys who lie, *mybestfriendsname* likes Katy". ME: well why does it matte, i like you...a lot, thats what should matter. HER: "i dunno....haixhuxjaoahwu i should just shut up"...
how am i supposed to interpret that? I like this girl a lot and me being honest and telling her how i feel about her still liking my best friend just screwed me over. she's had a rough week, a real bad week...and i've been there to support and comfort her through it all... and i just feel like well, i'm #2 to my friend who beats me at everything we play (non athletic)... i'm sorry idk, i've lost all sense of what i should do...my knowledge has given up on me and it kills me bc im trying so hard. Dang it and im complaining to a bunch of people on the internet...I need advice please :/ am I over reacting?

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Maybe she still likes you're friend, maybe she just isn't sure yet what she wants.
In any way I advise you to go ahead with asking her out as planned. Try not to talk about you're friend and change the subject whenever he pops up. This night it's just you and her.
I also recommand you don't mention any of this to you're friend because he can screw things up for you right now.
About how far you can go with that "date", go as far as you can. Try to make it so that when the night ends she will be thinking about you, forgeting you're friend. A romentic kiss might do it but you're call.

I also think you're best friend is more important then this girl for the long run and you shouldnt get into a big fight with him about it. A friendly competition isn't wrong but becareful were it could lead.

One more thing: in such a critical time she will look at you're facebook pictures and talk with her friends about what the think about you. Its critical that you have updated and goodlooking pictures in there. (if you use facebook)

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Wanted to add, Good News: The fact she agreed to go hang out with you alone is already something. If she has any braines she might know were this is going and that's a good thing because it means she isn't declining you.

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

According to her, we're already dating that I just want to officially ask her.
I can't pull myself into thinking that we are, I also don't know if I should start using pet names...
Her friends know me, i've been befriending this girl for 6months so fb photos wont matter....as for my friend i am almost fed up with him...bc my *ahem* girlfriend says that she doesnt want to talk to him, at all. But when she ignores him that he gets angry! (And i know him he flips a shet over little things) and it makes me want to just tell him...but then when i ask her if i coils she tells me no...so it leaves me confused.
But that was a little off my main question of should i start using pet names instead of using her name

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

I think pet names isn't a requirement for a first date. Do it if it somehow fits in (like she said something funny that makes a good nick for her, or if she gives you a nick) but its not a requirement so if you think it's risky then better avoid it.

Sounds good for you btw. If that's how she see's it you son't even need to formally go up to her and say "this is a date". Just go on naturally about it, saying it when its not needed to be said can bee seen by her as you being too serious and not "light" enough.
If you have some time I really recommand you take an hour or two and dedicate them to learning how to read hands. Its extremely fun for a 1st date, makes a good laugh and even better, it gives you a chance to touch her, hold her and go over her hand with you're finger.

Anyway, you're doing fine so Good Luck.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

I also don't know if I should start using pet names...

um I hate it when my boyfriend gives me pet names haha...... and he knows that so he doesnt call me that all the time.. if she doesnt like pet names i would start out with Love cause thats what my boyfriend calls me... its simple and its not stupid.. but I would wait like a month before calling her Love or other stuff like that
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I also don't know if I should start using pet names...

I'd avoid those. Once they start, if the person dosen't like it, it's very difficult for them to say 'lease stop calling me that' because they're worried about offending you.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I call my gf pet names all the time. But I do that to everyone, so should I use her normal name?

DihydrogenMonoxide
DihydrogenMonoxide
5 posts
Nomad

hah, a site full of gamers, of course they have relationship problems

Showing 346-360 of 2106