The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Tavernwhich one is worse for your health #2

27 3097
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

1 smoking (cigeretts)

or

2 drinking (excessively)

• 27 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Smoking. The damage done to your body is terrible.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

They both have it equally bad in my opinion

The smoker has it twice as bad because he is smoking and breathing the air while the other person is just breathing the air. It's close, but no cigar.
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Well with drinking you get cirrhosis(I did not spell that right) of the liver, while if you smoke you get lung cancer. Neither are preferable.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Smoking may lead to diseases and eventually death, and drinking may lead to accidents that may cause terrible or fatal injuries, so i would have to go with drinking being worse.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Both of these substances are dangerous. but with drinking, before you start you can limit the amount whereas with smoking you cant really stop.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

with drinking, before you start you can limit the amount whereas with smoking you cant really stop.

Yes you can. It's called having willpower.
SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

The smoker has it twice as bad because he is smoking and breathing the air while the other person is just breathing the air. It's close, but no cigar.

Well, I stick firmly to the scientific community. First, they are both morons, smoke and you need ventilation, or your just killing yourself even worse. The thing is, that while the smoker is inhaling, the smoke is very concentrated, then he exhales all or most of it, but damage has still been done. The smoke dilutes in the air, becoming less concentrated.

Over and over again in a non-ventilated scenario, the smoke will build up, and the second hand will keep inhaling, and inhaling more and more of the toxins, while the smoker keeps exhaling the concentrated smoke. It may seem weird, but trying to keep out less concentrated smoke may or is, harder. When concentrated, you exhale the bulk of it, but when diluted, a lot could escape in.

They are still in trouble, don't get me wrong...
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Cigarette smoking is definitely worse than drinking alcohol. Cigarettes are addictive, but alcohol is not as addictive.

Alcohol is addictive, cigarettes people can go without for a week or so but if your drinking beer or something every day (at least 2 bottles) you will start breaking down if you dont get your drink.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Cigarettes. they're terrible for your lungs and if an asthmatic were to smoke it or inhale it second hand it could cause attacks.

bobomonkey
bobomonkey
96 posts
Nomad

I think and this is just my opinion, I think smoking is the worst, but you can get rid of it faster. Drinking can be pretty bad to, I lost my grandfather to smoking though, so that's why I think it's worse

Showing 16-25 of 27