The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsPopular MediaBest Animated Movie Ever

91 31008
urbanwolf232
urbanwolf232
784 posts
Peasant

so what do you think the best or funniest animated movie you have watched is?
mine is Despicable Me.

please stick to fully Animated movies not movies that have real people in them.

• 91 Replies
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Oh gosh. You kids and your not having enjoyed the wonders that were animated movies before high tech CG. Seriously, best animated movie evar? Fern Gully Everyone knows that. End of discussion

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

How to Train Your Dragon infuriates me, since it is NOTHING like the book series. Seriously. I get so mad when I hear about that.
I like Spirited away as well as Princess Mononoke. But I also love Happy Feet. adorable.

@Walker
I-I'm sorry....D:

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,434 posts
Nomad

Toy Story!! w00t!!

iiDarKReapZz
iiDarKReapZz
30 posts
Nomad

If you mean an actual movie, it has to be Toy Story 3.
But if you mean like a 3-6 mins movie, check this out, IT'S TOTALLY AMAZING, no joke!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CHs4x2uqcQ

(Mind you the actual song isn't good).

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Toy Story 3. Or Kung Foo Panda.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Seriously, best animated movie evar? Fern Gully Everyone knows that. End of discussion

Dude, most of the Disney releases from that time and prior were better viewing. Aladdin, for example. Even if they were really diluted versions of the original stories.

I'm waiting for somebody to nominate Watership Down.

Man, we're old.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I'm waiting for somebody to nominate Watership Down.
Book was better.

Hard to decide. I didn't like Toy Story 3 THAT much, to be honest, but it was more emotionally involving than most, so I give it a lot of cred. Wall-E was pretty important to me too.
Muse2223
Muse2223
372 posts
Nomad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-Pu2d-rNYs

Gamingtime
Gamingtime
64 posts
Nomad

Happy Feet is excellent.
A real emotional thrill ride.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

snow white lol.duh. why is this even up for discussion. snow white REVOLUTIONIZED the way films were made. not to mention taht the movie was actually GOOD

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Its either between extremely goofy movie or oliver and company they were my favorite animated movies when i was young i still love them despite being 15 now

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

the best or the saddest one? i only know ones that are sad but nice. heres2
spirited away
grave of the fireflies(about the hiroshima bombing. the other movie is about the nagasaki bombing)

DBLACKSTAR
DBLACKSTAR
23,530 posts
Nomad

i have seen ferngully and i must sa while it is good the best is pushing it. the girl who lept through time might be good but i prefer summer wars it was made by the same guys. and pratchu very good choices

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Wall-E was pretty important to me too.

I can't include Wall-E in any "best of" lists, funnily enough. Cute, yes, but the storytelling was hella clunky and the pacing was just off. It's not enough to have occasional moments of awesome like Wally's booting sound being the old Macintosh startup chime.

Same with Happy Feet. Sure it's feel-good but the plot was so unconvincing I felt embarrassed watching it.

I rate Toy Story 3 highly because it's great on its own AND as part of the series, it actually takes Woody's existential questioning further, right down to it's final point. Then it weaves the plot and its progression around that same theme. I'd go so far as to say that adults might actually enjoy the film more than kids and teens as a result.

I can't remember if I already nominated it or not, but The Incredibles is one that I can watch over and over and over again. The superhero family life segment has me in stitches without fail.
EndlessSporadic
EndlessSporadic
5 posts
Nomad

Despicable Me was good, but I think Spirited Away was better. It wasn't a comedy or meant to be funny, but I was fascinated with the style.

Showing 16-30 of 91