The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHow to: Beat boredom (MUST READ)

30 4549
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Post your suggestions on how to beat boredom on here. You may get into arguments as much as you want but keep them clean. I'm looking for not just original ideas, but ideas of all sorts.

• 30 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Usually I come on here if I need to fight boredom.

So if I get bored on here, I'm ultimately doomed.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

With a stick.

Well, you never have to be bored if you have an internet connection.

However, sometimes you don't have access to things like that. Here's what I usually do when I'm waiting for something/someone, or something like that:

a) Make up a story in my head. Just start going and improvise the story as it goes on. Sort of like reading a book in your head, only you make it up.

b) Have these conversations in my head. No, I'm not necessarily talking about talking to myself, though it might have happened once or twice, what I'm talking about is sort of similar to the suggestion above. Just sort of make up a conversation between two people, you don't even need to make up who's going to say it. Sort of like watching a TV-show or talkshow in your head, only you make it up.

3) Try to make up jokes about things around you, things you've seen or heard recently, or about completely random stuff. This one is very risky if you, like me, can't help but to smile when you see/hear/think of something amusing. I have many, many, many times just walked around with a smile on my face for what, for others, seems like no reason, something one of my friends have mentioned before. Sort of like watching a stand up comedy show, only you make it up.

4) Daydream. Sort of like watching a movie, only you make it up.

I just realized my head and my TV has a lot in common, both regarding what they can do, and that they're both shut off at the moment. Zing.

I'm off to bed, good night.

bobomonkey
bobomonkey
96 posts
Nomad

To fight boredom, you can A grab a stick and hit your self or B get on here and discuss random topics. I've been on here most of the day and I'm still not bored. (I was just kidding about option A)

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

@master565
That talks about... depression to a certain extent. This thread is more for... Everyday boredom that can be fixed quickly and easily.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If I can, I play videogames or go on my laptop. Sometimes, I'll play cards or a boardgame with my little brother or go outside.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I usually beat the crap out of the pillow and run until I actually collapse from exhaustion. Run Forrest Run! =P

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

If Im bored I get on this site. If Im bored on this site, then all hope is lost for my poor soul to be entertained by some sort of meida.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

I found that meditation relives my boredom among its many other benefits.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

The quickest and most effective one for me is to take the .22 or a bow down to the creek and start shooting.

DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

Get my bow, go to the river near my house and kill those birds like on Bowman 2. JK, I go on AG

Riskae
Riskae
34 posts
Nomad

This is why my generation is never seen without a plethora of technological devices in their pockets.

Read a book people!

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I usually go on here.

The community is always ready to cure your boredom.

So are the games, but I like the community better.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

Do the following steps to escape boredom (results may vary):

1. Buy GTA IV.
2. Put in some cheats like the Annihilator helicopter, armor and health, a couple cars, and weapons.
3. Get in a car.
4. Run over people.
5. Get out.
6. Take out your shotgun.
7. Shoot some old ladies.
8. Repeat steps 3-7.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Do the following steps to escape boredom (results may vary):

1. Buy GTA IV.
2. Put in some cheats like the Annihilator helicopter, armor and health, a couple cars, and weapons.
3. Get in a car.
4. Run over people.
5. Get out.
6. Take out your shotgun.
7. Shoot some old ladies.
8. Repeat steps 3-7.

You can make that better by putting in a cheat that makes you a more wanted criminal.

My friend always lets me do that on his copy of GTA, and it's always really fun.
Showing 1-15 of 30