The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat is your favorite Forum in AG?

32 5217
Adrokila
Adrokila
139 posts
Nomad

Write here what is your favorite forum, and why.
(And don't just say Forum Games, pick something different )

To make it easier, which forum do you visit the most?

Mine would have to be The Tavern, lots of questions asked and lots to be answered, and it can be pretty fun too, and you get to share your own opinions on things.

• 32 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Tavern because Forum Games is full of idiots, PopCult is full of a different type of idiot, the other game forums are filled with yet another form of idiot, Poetry is filled with liberals and people that aren't as good as they think (Tacky is an obvious exception), and WEPR is filled with radicals.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It would be the programming forums if they weren't so inactive. So my favorite is the tavern.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Aye.

My favorites are listed in there.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Tavern because Forum Games is full of idiots, PopCult is full of a different type of idiot, the other game forums are filled with yet another form of idiot, Poetry is filled with liberals and people that aren't as good as they think (Tacky is an obvious exception), and WEPR is filled with radicals.

I may add that the programming is full of copy/paste and fail recognition of own knowledge. Video games are full of tween overblown games, seriously how many black ops pages do we need? WEPR is filled with radicals, I would go with more religion. There is so much of it now we need another forum for that stuff now.

I would like to visit the programming thread more but it's inactive and sometimes not even worth responding to.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Most post on the programming thread are "how do i make games" which the answer too never seems to change.

Adrokila
Adrokila
139 posts
Nomad

Flash Games isn't that bad either, since it's mainly what's on AG. And I've never been to Programming but it does sound like it's pretty inactive, there isn't enough developers out there to discuss in there, let alone make many games.

libby21
libby21
85 posts
Nomad

I like the Tavern and the RPGs. Every RPG I joined dies and everyone I want to join has a limited number of players and it is full. So the Tavern for me.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Most post on the programming thread are "how do i make games" which the answer too never seems to change.

Well, that questions should even come in fruition in the mind if you even look at the stickies.

there isn't enough developers out there to discuss in there, let alone make many games.

Well it would be nice if we have more people willing to learn and experienced people. But alas we have few people that actually read a decent as3 book cover to cover and even more that just want help with copy/paste code.
bobomonkey
bobomonkey
96 posts
Nomad

So far for me would be the tavern as well. lots of things happen there

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Most people who post who post in the programming section wanting to know how to make games don't even know slightly what programming is. They all assume It's simple and easy like gamemaker. Than they find out they need to invest time and money into it and then they're post something like "thanks" and probably never look into the topic again.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I visit the Tavern the most, but probably post the most in Video Games, followed by the Tavern, then Forum Games. I enjoy the VG forum the most it's fun to discuss my favorite games and the sort on there and to learn new tips/stuff for other games.

Adrokila
Adrokila
139 posts
Nomad

They all assume It's simple and easy like gamemaker

Yep, they don't even know how complicated it is to make a good game. Not so much graphics, just originality. They just probably think it is cool to make a game.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

They just probably think it is cool to make a game.

Thats because it is. No just kidding but there is a lot more to making a game than programming.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I visit the Tavern the least now since the TTICA thread got locked. I'm sick of all these nonsense threads and people that devoid intelligence.

I can be found posting the most in Flash Games, Video Games, Support and Suggestions and AGv3. Sometimes I'll visit the Newcomers and Forum Games.
I lurk in the AMW a lot and enter the poetry contests often. Sometimes I'll go to the WEPR, I don't like all those religious threads, though, it's the same arguments over and over. I have nothing to contribute in the programming help forum, so I don't go there.

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

I like going to the tavern, and i like the forum games section

Showing 1-15 of 32