The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernLightning

20 3848
LiLRick
LiLRick
254 posts
Nomad

Share any close encounters and near death experiences with lightning. Ask each other questions about their stories.

I myself had some cool experiences. One was where my brother and I were standing and watcing lightning out his window. We were in his room downstairs becuse we weren't supposed to stand near the window. Because we live on a small slope, the window was no more than two inches off the ground. As we watched, lightning struck just outside the window. The window of course shattered and we were temporarily blinded. Luckily, no glass got in our eyes, but flash was the brightest thing I've ever seen. It was also the loudest thing I've ever heard. We ended up getting knocked off our feet and my brother hit his head on the corner of is dresser. Fortunately, he was fine.

• 20 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

My mom's friend's daughter was struck and killed by lightning when she was 12.

LiLRick
LiLRick
254 posts
Nomad

That's awful. How long ago was that?

puppetadventurer
puppetadventurer
35 posts
Nomad

i dont think ive had any experiences with lighting

they sound scary

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

I enjoy watching lightning storms. They are very cool!

GlimmeringStars
GlimmeringStars
95 posts
Nomad

I've never had any encounters with horrible lightning but I do enjoy looking at it from time to time.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I once was out in a lightning storm.
I looked up, and this was only a matter of milliseconds but it felt like forever, and the lighting was going towards my face, then did a U shape and went back into the clouds. I felt the heat of it on my face, it wasn't scary as much as it was amazing.
I enjoy lighting storms.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Lightning never goes near where I live.

I see it sometimes in storms, but it's never over my city.

It's nice to watch, though. Not a force to be reckoned with.

LiLRick
LiLRick
254 posts
Nomad

Another experience happened during Hurricane Isabel. I knew it was on it's way but I had the funny feeling I had to go to my sister's house(step sister that I barely knew). So I convinced my parents to go over there. The next day after it passed, there was tree downed by lightning where the car would have been.

d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

Well one night when I lived in New Jersey we had lightning very close to us. The thunder was the loudest I ever experienced, and it was hard to fall asleep. The next morning, right in the middle of the street, There was a hole. A new hole.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I remember once in D.C there was a thunder storm and while me and my friends were running we almost got hit. You could actually see it hit the ground next to us.

Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

Terrible stuff happen to you guys.
Luckily i didnt have any encounters like this but you never know.
I did have a small thing with it.
The rain stopped so i went outside.
Then I saw a thunder that hitted a forest not very far from here.
I could of seen some smoke.
Instead of saying "Oh My gosh" I said "Awesome!" XD

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

I absolutely love lightning! Its fascinating thats its just a big form of static electricity. I love the way that it looks and how its destructive and deadly. Once I saw my neighbours house, (which has a kinda tall satelite-thing on it) got struck by lightning. It was AWESOME! It was like a joy that was too fast for my eyes and ears.

Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

I cant imagine what happend to the antena.
I thought of an idea for lighting.

At power plants or so there should be some kind of static antena that attracts lighting.When lighting hits the antena the power plant gains a huge energy supply.This could be useful when there is a thunder storm and there was a black out.All that energy would go back to our house and give is energy!

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

At power plants or so there should be some kind of static antena that attracts lighting.When lighting hits the antena the power plant gains a huge energy supply.This could be useful when there is a thunder storm and there was a black out.All that energy would go back to our house and give is energy!

Although, this would be a huge up in the energy situation. This would cause blackouts for the huge surges of electricity going in at once. I[quote] has to be consistent to be considered a reliable energy source. Man just has to develop better technology.
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

I just hear it and it scares me alot lol

Showing 1-15 of 20