The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernFree Running

23 4135
Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

I love free running (but im not good at it) so itll be cool if you could post some videos of you free running. (or some fails are cool too.) Anyways, you can chat about it and share tips and stuff. Im gonna go down to my park nearby and try some stuff.

• 23 Replies
MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Hold your horses there!

Haha.

Pk as most call it, is a bit more organized than free running. I think that Pk is a way to help build yourself up to free running. Pk is great way to train and build up muscle, while free running is just to make yourself think you are cool.
DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

iv seen that before its nuts way cooler than any other sport iv seen

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Parkour was a specific term applied to one man's conception of momentum conservation in human kinetics. As something to hang your hat on it has become well known as a cultural icon.

However surely the art of efficient running across tricky terrain has existed in different cultures for much longer than the past few years. Which is why I'd qualify using the word "invented" there.

That was what i meant. I'm sure the guy who made the word didn't invent most the moves used today.
Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

what if some one created a sport called free park and you raced other people to a certain place, while you were graded by judges of how cool you did it....
That would be kinda cool. I would be good at parkour cuz im a good runner and i do hurdles on a track team so parkour would be more of my thing then free running. Cuz in free running you just lots of cool flips and twists.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

If there was, I would definitely get women involved.
I can't tell you how difficult it is to get girls involved with free running much less Pk. Guys can pick up Pk better, because it requires more arm strength, while I've seen plenty more girls try out a little bit more free running.

And I think A cooler name would be Pk Run. 8D

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

no no.
PK run.
Just Pk. Then Run.
Sounds more like a park though...

SazerX
SazerX
38 posts
Nomad

Free running is cool

Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

i really wanna go Pk run. Maybe i will when i go for a jog today.. Do some speed work out.. On the second thought, i couldnt pk run cuz i dont know any cool flips and crap free running is involved with. Parkuor is my type.
Have you guys seen the Tempest free running academy??

Showing 16-23 of 23