The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernBest Book/Book Series of all time

25 4532
escartian
escartian
780 posts
Nomad

Now before you go saying this thread was created before...This is about the best in each category not "your favorite book."
categories: Choose the series or book you think is a must read for anybody who wants to read that type of book.
plot
rereading
sci-fi
fantasy
realistic fiction (historic fiction as well)
Best book for ?? year old person (you can choose the number in place of the ??)
And any other category you can think of
Here is my thoughts on this:
Best book by
Plot: Dune series-excellent plot with many plans within plans and the great purpose...
Sci-fi:???(stuck between space odyssey and foundation series)
Fantasy: Lotr series...

So what are your thoughts on the best books of all time?

• 25 Replies
sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

For sure the Alex Rider series you can't even decide against it.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Have I already said Gone With the Wind? Or was that another thread? Either way, its a classic, and not boring like some of the other oldies I have read.
I used to love the Alex Rider series, but then it got boring and repetitive.
I love LOTR, but its been so long since I read the series that I may have forgotten some of the storyline.
I think the Harry Potter series is pretty genius as well. I like how the first book was tailored for third or fourth graders, and as the readers matured, the books did too, so that the last book was more for teenagers like myself.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

percy jackson and the olympians is SO good I read the 1st one in 3 days and the 5th one I read in one sittting

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

oh and by the way:

The Bible was by far the best-written series in history. You don't have to believe in it to appreciate it

the bible is not a series it is many books put into 1 you dont buy each chapter in the bible 1 by 1 you buy the bible as one big book
Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

The best book series easily goes to Percy Jackson, though there are a bunch of other good ones like:
Ranger's Apprentice
Redwall
Pendragon
Eragon

BTW, the new Percy Jacson series, The Heros of Olympus, is probably going to surpass Percy Jackson.

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Best book of all time? Without a doubt, it's Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell. I'm actually surprised it wasn't mentioned yet. It's an incredible novel which leaves the reader with some paranoia by the end. The plot, basically, takes place in the country of Oceania (which is England, the bottom half of Africa, as well as the two Americas) in the year 1984 (or 1985), where the government watches everyone for any suspicion of treason. That's really all I can say because you NEED to read the book. Everyone needs to. It's a science fiction novel that actually has come true to a certain extent (phones being tapped).

DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

Harry potter or lord of the rings.

wolfkid1296
wolfkid1296
3 posts
Jester

my favorite book series of all time is the 39 clues. it has, by now, 11 books. it really is good and it gets you in the story. it also has a lot of twists and you can also get some information from it.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I like the HP series, but then again, i didnt finish an entire series except for Hp.

Riskae
Riskae
34 posts
Nomad

My favorite book is White Fang it was written by American author Jack London and it depicts the struggle between man and nature through the eyes of both the wolves and the people.

My favorite series is Harry Potter, I doubt that I need to explain the plot of Harry Potter.

Showing 16-25 of 25