The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernMan's Greatest Invention

25 5420
nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

What is man's greatest invention? You tell me. I personally think its fire (though its not really an invention, a discovery). What would we do without fire? We'd die.

So.... just tell me what it is in your opinion and tell me why.
Do I really have to tell you not to spam, flame or troll?

• 25 Replies
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

The Housewife.

I'm serious.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Metallurgy. Need I say more?

spartan210
spartan210
7 posts
Nomad

Probably just books or written communication. Passing down information to future generations is crucial and especially back in the Bronze Age when they were recording the happenings of their times. Kind of a big deal.

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

music is man's greatest invention. What else can convey thoughts and emotions is such an intricate, deep and meaningful way. Music can touch our souls, capture a moment and make us remember it for a lifetime. Music brings us to our feet, or calms us in down when we're upset. It is the single greatest invention mankind has ever had.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Probably just books or written communication. Passing down information to future generations is crucial and especially back in the Bronze Age when they were recording the happenings of their times. Kind of a big deal.

Yeah, what especially sped that up is the printing press.

So the printing press would be the most important invention.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Heavier than air powered flying.
It's amazing, and look how helpful it is around the world, I can get around the world in 12 hours, instead of 12 months!

I love planes, it's going to be my career, what else would I say?

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

What about the wheel? Without the wheel there was no planes, transport without man or animalpower.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Going with Cranium and selecting synthetic music as man's greatest invention. Though diverse, music has brought us together and adds great support to the emotional drive of a person's mind.

0ShimZ0
0ShimZ0
116 posts
Nomad

the atomic bomb.

MEGAMANXPERT
MEGAMANXPERT
1,085 posts
Nomad

the evolution of medicine...it was never invented,it just grew.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Fire. How did you all forget fire. Without fire man would still be cavemen. Without fire most invention would have never existed. Without fire we would probably all be freezing cold. Without fire no light in the dark. Without fire we would no be able to cook food thus improving our hygiene. Without fire the human race wouldn't have evolved to what it is today.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double post, but when I meant invent fire I meant invent the techniques to make fire appear.

nemo12
nemo12
723 posts
Nomad

Fire. How did you all forget fire.

I mentioned fire in my OP. Yes I agree with you, without fire, we'd never be the civilization we are now.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Fire was important in our modernization only because it allowed metallurgy to happen.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

The light bulb.

Showing 1-15 of 25