The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernGeneral Discussion of things you dislike about school

54 8078
sev322
sev322
463 posts
Nomad

I personally don't hate school but there are many aspects of high school that annoy me (any grade level is fine doesn't need to be high school) but this thread is for everyone to discuss what they have dislike about school. So there you goS

i'll go first

Teachers who wait forever to take you to lunch!

• 54 Replies
sev322
sev322
463 posts
Nomad

i mean dismiss not take oops

fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

Teachers that call on people at random, I hate that because that means I have to pay attention. >:-(

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I always hated those presentations when you had to stand in front of the whole class and talk. It always made me so nervous. I just kept looking into the paper and reading out exactly what it said, almost forgetting to breathe in between.

I've gotten a lot better at it now, though, and I think that, even though it was horrible, it's something that's good to practice at. Especially when you're just having a presentation in front of people you know.

sev322
sev322
463 posts
Nomad

i know!! oh and bi-polar teachers omfg

today class ima give you cookies.... ARE MY COOKIES NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU HUH HUH!!!!!.....oh sorry your lactose and tolerant @)

sev322
sev322
463 posts
Nomad

dude imogwai presentations make me almost die.. especiall when the teacher tries to help you say your own essay its annoying.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Actually the thing I dislike the most about school, (other then the boring tasks I will never have interest in) are the students. Too many in classes, most of them are annoying to me or to other people and the social expectations from them are idiotic. I made a little education system to counter this I'll gladly share it once I get the time to write it all down.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Things I hate about school:

Work
Boring classes
People that annoy me. This may include students, teachers, or staff.

Other than that, school is just dandy.

sev322
sev322
463 posts
Nomad

cheaters and cheaters who say your cheating.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Hehe, here goes.

1. That school is devoted to output, not knowledge learned.
2. The ridiculous rules (Ex. No Plastic Knives because they can be used as a "weapon" even though a pencil is more dangerous)
3. Homework for homeworks sake.
4. Having to check textbooks out but never using them.
5. How all English classes are the same from 8th Grade on.
6. How no one actually ever reads the English book, then whines when they have to write about it.
7. Idiots sitting next to you who are always asking for help on the simplest of things.
8. That you can pass a class even if you utterly bomb the final.
9. How slow classes move.
10. "Planning" out everything.
11. How Gym is a required course (Not saying I don't like it, but it shouldn't be required to graduate)
12. Teachers who forget to mark you were there.
13. Security guards that don't let you stay in an area that was designed to let students hang out.
14. The amount of teachers who are unable to answer questions about their own subject.
15. Subs that are nothing more than a babysitter.
16. Gum under the desks, I mean really.
17. How small our lockers are, (Litterally about 4 inches wide, but 5 1/2 feet tall, you can't fit anything but a fex textbooks and wedge in your coat)
18. The lunchladies can't understand English well and serve you the wrong thing half the time.
19. People with loud Ipods.
20. The lack of interesting material.

Alright, I think that's enough...

sev322
sev322
463 posts
Nomad

is that the dynasty warriors fire orb and i think that idiots who ask everything is anothe big thing too.

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

i dont no where to start so i will just put a few: homework, bullies, dumb rules, teachers, annoing kids, the food sucks at my school it should be against the law for lack of taste gosh that is awful

Greyink
Greyink
12 posts
Nomad

when teachers talk forever about everything when they know no ones gonna pay attention

RyanNC
RyanNC
53 posts
Shepherd

I don't like how my school doesn't have indoor hallways. The rooms are the only thing with walls to them. So, if it's raining you have a problem. Also when it snows it's really cold so your fingers go numb when unlocking your locker. Also the heat/AC in the rooms is completely and utterly messed up; it's always either blistering hot or freezing cold!

sev322
sev322
463 posts
Nomad

dude my school sucks but ur guys' sounds horrible!

Eless
Eless
118 posts
Nomad

The least favorite thing about my school is the price of food. It is private, and hires a 'Christian Catering Company' to serve its food at lunch. The food itself isn't that bad, and in fact can be pretty savory at times, but it is grossly overpriced. It's delicate to give examples, but to purchase two mini chicken sandwiches and a fountain drink is nearly five dollars; I usually spend up to eight dollars a day. It's a bit oppressive, but there is little I can do to help the situation. Anyways, that's MY least favorite thing about school.

Showing 1-15 of 54