The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernGeneral Discussion of things you dislike about school

54 8076
sev322
sev322
463 posts
Nomad

I personally don't hate school but there are many aspects of high school that annoy me (any grade level is fine doesn't need to be high school) but this thread is for everyone to discuss what they have dislike about school. So there you goS

i'll go first

Teachers who wait forever to take you to lunch!

• 54 Replies
ninjaboy5432
ninjaboy5432
19 posts
Nomad

School sucks.But, like Winston Churchill said,"If you are going through hell, keep going".

MalKeshar
MalKeshar
108 posts
Jester

The thing i don't like about school is the people who are CONSTANTLY asking for help for easy things. and the lunches.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I like school - I get to learn things and be with my friends most of the time.

Only thing that I dislike about this year is at the school they have shortened the time for classes. Last year it was an hour and a half for each class - four classes a day. We had red days and blue days - red day you get four classes - blue day you get another four.

This year classes are about 45 minutes long and we have seven or eight classes a day.

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

So we could mess around with every thing, act like no body is there, because no body is there.

If it was just you and your friend in school, most of the stuff to mess with wouldn't be there. It'd be one room with one teacher, probably. That would be the worst school ever.
WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

Seven
Crappy
Hours
Of
Our
Lives

Well that's how it is for me(sometimes) since I'm stuck in a school full of idiots. I like school, in fact I've always liked school since I got to learn. The bad part of school this year is that "due to popular demand" they cut out the economics course for social studies! Economics is what made social studies fun for me but of course they had to take it away. If you're school has idiots running the newspaper like in my school, pretty soon those idiots will run a real newspaper.

SparklingKnight
SparklingKnight
72 posts
Nomad

Seven
Crappy
Hours
Of
Our
Lives

I dislike school too but it is the only way we can get educated. Without it we would be as dumb as anything.
LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

I dislike school too but it is the only way we can get educated. Without it we would be as dumb as anything.

In a previous thread you said you wished it didn't exist do you really know what you want?
logantheking
logantheking
254 posts
Scribe

The thing I dislike most about school is how much of the required stuff isn't useful. I think schools should teach people some more useful things without making kids do hours of homework.

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

I dislike how the teachers are paid barely anything to teach the future of the world. I dislike how much people disrespect teachers that try very hard to teach young, annoying, ungrateful, fools. I dislike threads like this that complain about good people doing things they love for barely anything.

iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

I made a list.

⢠In P.E. Class I don't even break a sweat, no fun activities
⢠We get candy all the time for good grades (no wonder the smart kids have teeth problems (I do))
⢠We have pizza for lunch 2 times a week
⢠Computers suck horribly, and take forever to start up
⢠Library has only a couple of books that are good
⢠Bad kids don't get whipped (I think they should)
⢠Why homework, we can work on it in class so everyone gets it
⢠No one is left behind, who cares it's pointless to try and teach them when they don't learn it
⢠There are some creepy kids in class (Some kid is bi in my class I think, he put his butt to my friends butt)
⢠We don't get to pick our own seats

There are way more things but I think thats good for now.

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I don't like how people who get C's and D's stay in the accelerated math class. Seriously? They obviously need to be in the regular class. I get A's and it annoys me when someone who isn't nearly as good at math stays in. I also don't like when I work hours on an English essay and I end up with a B... I want an A! And in P.E, they don'y make you do any real exercise. I don't break a sweat!

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

The one thing I hate is how other kids think they are so cool when they know just one trick on their computer. Well guess what I know it already!

Also i hate how some kids take credit for doing nothing. For example I fixed our classroom's internet with a friend. Except there are these two people who then brag about it and are like oooh i fixed it and stuff like that.

It drives me crazy!!!! >.<

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I hate the people who take to friends in class instead of listening to the teacher. And when the teacher asked them a question about the lesson the pull out the ol' "I didn't understand." so the teachers explain again. I don't want to listen to her explain something I already understood again, so I day dream. When she continues the lesson I'm still day dreaming and when I realize this I'm completely confused and disorganized.
Teacher plainly showing that they don't want to be here and do **** on their blackberries while us students work. Here's a little tip for them: We don't want to be here either!!!
Having to buy textbooks and books for lessons that only need photocopies of them. We need to pay for them and we barely use them! If we have to buy a book read it all they can at least make use of the HOLE book except for one or two parts of a chapter (I'm in a french school and our main class, which is French, barely uses textbooks or books)! What a wast of money!
Stupid students.
Disorganized classes.
Boring teachers that don't even make an effort of making the course a little interesting.
People making fun of me because I read. Way to be educated!

jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

People who annoy me.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Another that I hate is when you go to a different grade all of your information you knew is not current from the previous gade. For example in fourth grade i got taught Molly Pitcher gave water for the wounded soldiers. In fifth I learned she gave water for the cannons overheating. Im like wow can't you teach us that in fourth???? Also hate how each teacher reteaches what you already learned in a previous year...

Showing 31-45 of 54