The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Evils of the Buzzkill Insult

46 10446
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Over the last few days, I have been called a buzzkill. In fact, even moderators (two of them, I think they are Strop and Cenere) have been calling me a buzzkill, so I have created this story which portrays this action as an insult. Before I begin, here are some things you should know:

1) This story has two sides, the Non-buzzkills (mdv96, deathopper, darkrai097, and I) and the Evil Jokers (CalvinDultrey, SupaLegit, SirNoobalot, and iMogwai).

2) Although this is based on true events, the story itself is fictional.

3) The only characters in the story are the members of the two sides, Strop, and Cenere.

4) This story is written in first-person where I am the narrator.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

Once upon a time, there was a feud between two small groups which were called the Non-buzzkills and the Evil Jokers. I happened to be in the middle of that feud as a member of the Non-buzzkills. However, things looked bleak for this group as soon as the feud started. Fortunately, the moderators settled the issues before anything could get catastrophic. This is the story of the feud as I saw it.

Forum Arguments

The feud started when I was acting a bit too serious on the forums. iMogwai saw it and said, "No no no! Stop being a buzzkill and have some fun." That's when I realized the need to be part of a group according to the new AG Group system.

As I was leaving the forums, I stumbled upon several users who were thinking about creating a group. I said, "If you guys want a group, I will create one for you. It will be called the Non-buzzkills." In theory, this was a good idea, but darkrai097 didn't think so.

darkrai097 objected to my idea by saying, "But it's obvious. Let's be more uncommon. W-" I interrupted him before he could finish the objection. We put it to a vote and my idea won. Just as I was going to find a place for the group, a new idea came from the group.

Spam Wars

Just after the creation of the Non-buzzkills, deathopper said, "We need to help in the battle against spam. The best way to do that is to trick spammers into reading the rules." Everyone liked the idea when SirNoobalot interrupted us by saying, "You are buzzkills, so don't fight it or I will report you all." We got our first taste of battle when mdv96 charged at SirNoobalot.

As the battle was going on, deathopper noted, "That guy is a spammer. We need to go now!" At the group home, we all had jobs. mdv96 drove SirNoobalot out and was assigned to guard the home from spammers and enemies. I was the leader, so I had darkrai097 manage any group operations I delegated. deathopper was supposed to be the sign creator, including a trick for spammers to read the rules. The trick said, "Go here for free AP!" which was made by deathopper.

On that night, SirNoobalot entered the home and read the sign and then the rules. This alerted deathopper, who responded by waking up mdv96. In the following battle, SirNoobalot mentioned a group called the Evil Jokers by saying, "Wait a minute! I am a member of the Evil Jokers. This is a group led by iMogwai, and it's awesome."

The Declaration of War

In light of the new information, I gave a speech the next day to the Non-buzzkills. In it was this, "Last night, SirNoobalot mentioned a group called the Evil Jokers. As a spammer, we trapped him and elicited this information. But now, we must make our mark on this world. The best mark is involvement in the war on spam. SirNoobalot mentioned iMogwai as the leader, which is one I have had trouble with. The trouble was his spam, which makes the entire group spam. Therefore, we must fight this group! Who's with me?"

All members agreed, which allowed us to proceed. I left it to darkrai097 to figure out how to fight it. When I got the news that the Non-buzzkills have declared war on the Evil Jokers, I went over to check the battle plans. darkrai097 said, "You and mdv96 go to the home of the Evil Jokers, while deathopper and I seek out iMogwai. Your job is to clear the home. Once we've found iMogwai, we will alert you and we will fight him as a group."

The Battle

I went with mdv96 to the home of the Evil Jokers. Right off the bat, CalvinDultrey and SupaLegit ambushed us. Because we were unprepared, the two Evil Jokers initially had the advantage. I managed to fight off CalvinDultrey, but mdv96 wasn't so lucky. Although I managed to drive CalvinDultrey away, SirNoobalot aided SupaLegit and killed mdv96, which was probably our worst moment. Luckily, I managed to avoid the same fate, driving both of them out. However, when I got to the home, I found a surprise. It was iMogwai, who didn't notice me.

I left the house and notified the rest of the Non-buzzkills. In it, I said, "You don't need to search for iMogwai because I found him in the home of the Evil Jokers. Unfortunately, three others attacked us and killed mdv96. So, come over and the three of us will fight iMogwai and hopefully dismantle the group." darkrai097 replied, "Oh no! mdv96 was supposed to be our best fighter. Anyway, three on one is still good, so we will be going right now."

Finally, we were all together, ready for a big fight with iMogwai. I opened the door to several towers from what iMogwai called Evil Tower Defense. We started right away by chipping away at the towers, all while fighting off iMogwai, which proved fairly easy. Once we defeated the Evil Tower Defense, things looked bleak when iMogwai made an unbelievably big bite at deathopper. In fact, iMogwai said, "You'll be hopping death no more, deathopper!" This gave me a chance to get in a fight, which proved to be the best move as darkrai097 concocted a Force Surrender potion.

The Final Event

I managed to defeat iMogwai in battle, and darkrai097 administered the potion. Immediately, iMogwai surrendered and notified the rest of the group of this. Additionally, the group was dismantled and told to read the trick. Unfortunately, the bite ultimately killed deathopper, which forced the Non-buzzkills to dismantle. I found this out when Cenere evicted me from the home of the Non-buzzkills. Back at my current home, Strop said to me, "You have poorly led this team because you're a buzzkill." That's when that forum moment finally got me. I responded, "But iMogwai's a spammer! Besides, you just insulted me." Strop called it blasphemy and said, "If I see any more spam fighting from you, I will ban you!" That was the story of the Non-buzzkills and my involvement in that group.

• 46 Replies
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I'm in a story! Yay!

And I'm an evil joker! I don't know what to say except... Why so serious?

Anyways, just a little side note, your posts in the Favorite Quotes thread were nothing but spam, so it's either very loosely based on true events, your you're delusional.

Still, it was nice of you to put me in your story, and to give me the best role as well! Always nice to have a fan. I'll try to remember to send you an autograph later.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Still, it was nice of you to put me in your story, and to give me the best role as well!

No, no, no! You were the leader of the Evil Jokers group, but I was trying to portray that group in a negative sense. Therefore, I have the best role, not you. I am not your fan.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

No, no, no! You were the leader of the Evil Jokers group, but I was trying to portray that group in a negative sense.

Are you sure? The Joker was my favorite Batman villain. He laughed a lot. He seemed a lot nicer than Batman did, even if he killed people. I still think it's the best role. I mean, the non-buzzkills sounded kinda dull anyway, and I was the leader of the only people who weren't dull. How could it not be the best role?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Are you sure? The Joker was my favorite Batman villain. He laughed a lot. He seemed a lot nicer than Batman did, even if he killed people. I still think it's the best role. I mean, the non-buzzkills sounded kinda dull anyway, and I was the leader of the only people who weren't dull. How could it not be the best role?

Non-buzzkills are not dull. I was not referencing your interpretation of the Joker, so the group is not as interesting as you think. My role is the best because spam is evil, which I was portraying your group as.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

My role is the best because spam is evil, which I was portraying your group as.

Backseat moderating is a kind of spam too, which I interpret your team's purpose as being. What you should do is to inform someone who can actually deal with it, like a moderator, and just leave it at that. By telling someone they're spamming, you're spamming yourself. You can't fight spam with spam, two wrongs don't make a right, and nobody likes a buzzkill. >_>

In addition, in the favorite quotes thread, you were the one who started the spam. I'm just saying, if you're basing this on true events, it must be very loosely based.

I hope I didn't make any typos this time, been making them all day >_>
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Backseat moderating is a kind of spam too, which I interpret your team's purpose as being. What you should do is to inform someone who can actually deal with it, like a moderator, and just leave it at that. By telling someone they're spamming, you're spamming yourself. You can't fight spam with spam, two wrongs don't make a right, and nobody likes a buzzkill. >_>

In addition, in the favorite quotes thread, you were the one who started the spam. I'm just saying, if you're basing this on true events, it must be very loosely based.

My story is fictional, so backseat modding is okay in my story, but not on AG. Besides, by calling me the starter of the FQ spam, you are calling this non-spam:

Well I guess it's okay to recycle threads, it's good for then environment.

If pointing out spam is spam, then what is pointed out is also spam.
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I don't know about that, I'd say it's a pretty good quote... And that was a thread for favorite quotes...

It's a revival! Get your terminology right.

On Armor Games, bringing back an old thread properly is called a revival, so stop calling it a recycle!

These aren't very good quotes, however.

Anyways, I'm just questioning the credibility of the story. You say it is based on true events, yet you seem to be spamming a lot more than I do. Perhaps you should just say that it isn't based on true events, and then I can accept it for what it is.

Also:

Three wrongs don't make a right either, so correcting him would not make you a hero. No amount of wrongs can make a right.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Perhaps you should just say that it isn't based on true events, and then I can accept it for what it is.

I wasn't thinking what you were thinking when I created the story. Besides, the important part is the fiction, not that it's based on true events.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Buuuuuuuuuuzzkiiiiiiiiiiill

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

So, since you follow the rules, I assume you got the permission from all the involved to portray them in this story and context?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hmmmm Cenere, you know, I think not. I certainly wasn't contacted about this, shall we say, blasphemy...

Besides Patrick totally omitted the part where he insinuated that I wasn't a ninja horse. Oh yeah. That he did.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Besides Patrick totally omitted the part where he insinuated that I wasn't a ninja horse. Oh yeah. That he did.

But you forget, it is about the fiction, not the insulting anyone involved, omitting crucial parts of the story or for that matter tell a good story.
He does seem like a very unreliable teller, though.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

But you forget, it is about the fiction, not the insulting anyone involved, omitting crucial parts of the story or for that matter tell a good story.

Indeed good sir you are correct, but I must clarify that since the OP explicitly stated that this was based on "true events", we are well within our capacity to reserve the right to enlighten the people of said "true events" on this thread!
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

No, no, no! You were the leader of the Evil Jokers group, but I was trying to portray that group in a negative sense. Therefore, I have the best role, not you. I am not your fan.

That's not very nice. :/

Also, I think it's safe to say that you got completely pwned by the mods. It is sort of disrespectful to write a negative story about people without their knowledge. :P

I'm also sort of depressed that you didn't include me in your story as an Evil Joker, so I give you a 5/10,
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Patrick even managed to kill his own buzz by failing so hard that the mods had to intervene and hilariously mock him.

Buzzkill.

Showing 1-15 of 46