The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhy Do the English have a favourite?

35 4320
DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

Well, I've been thinking, "Americans have a pretty easy way of spelling things" (don't quote me on that). And then I go look at a bunch of british vids on youtube and see that they use o and u to make the or sound. So wats the deal?

• 35 Replies
iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

how can those people talk like that its SO annoying.

I disagree. I like the English accent. The Irish one's cool too. Scottish, however... Not so much.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Why did you bold mate? I be trollin, yo.

Yeah I was going to say something like pant and mate can have different meaning like

Pant To breathe quickly.

and

Mate "to join or fit together"

It really bothered me what the other user said about them being misspellings. It's like pants can be more than one thing and the word mate has plenty of meanings too.

I love an English accent, but I hate how their so elegant in their talking.

I can't understand this one. I understand it, but how did it come to be? It's basically reverse discrimination in a sense. Maybe it has to do with all of the James Bond films. You hear the accent you think sophisticated spy in a tuxedo or suit with extreme intellect. Just a guess.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Okay, now don't quote me on this, but I read somewhere that as much as 10% of words in the U.k are different from the words people use in America.

iamnotironman
iamnotironman
1,287 posts
Nomad

Us Americans just want shortcuts.We want a quick way to do something.

Showing 31-34 of 35