The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernMy dog ran off yesterday

17 3567
CoffeeshopFrank
CoffeeshopFrank
42 posts
Nomad

When I was walking my pug yesterday, he was able to take his harness off and I had to chase him for at least thirty minutes! Near the end of his escape, he ran off to the highway and five cars were waiting for him to get off the road. He didn't budge; he just sat in the middle of the road and stuck his tongue out at the vehicles in front of him. I didn't want to get on the road to get him for two reasons:
1. If I moved closer to him, he would've ran off again.
2. You should never run out into the middle of a highway!

When everybody was waiting for me to get him, I felt like an idiot. That's how everybody is going to remember me. As I walk down the street, people will point and laugh at me and shout, "Look, everyone! It's Frank, the guy with the stupid dog!"

:^(

Fortunately, with the help of some of my neighbors, we were able to catch him, and he returned home safe and sound (but not without being sent to his cage)!

Moral of the story: always make sure your dog's harness or collar isn't too loose on him.

I was lucky this time; I might not be as lucky if he ever takes off again. :^(

• 17 Replies
Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

That's a slow moving highway.

LivingToDie
LivingToDie
303 posts
Nomad

If that happened on any of the highways where I live, that dog would be dead.

CoffeeshopFrank
CoffeeshopFrank
42 posts
Nomad

I live in a smaller town, which explains why there weren't many cars. I'm just glad the people were kind enough to wait for my dog.

I just hope none of the people had anywhere important to go! D^=

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Highway = 60+ mph.

had to see dat from long ways off.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

That was you!?
I was rushing my grandmother to the hospital! We didn't make it on time. RIP grandma.

CoffeeshopFrank
CoffeeshopFrank
42 posts
Nomad

After looking up information about the road, I don't think it's a highway. Sorry if I made the situation sound worse, but everybody in my neighborhood calls this road a highway.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I live in the country on a road that was gravel until last year. No danger here and nobody here walks their dogs.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

You're a lucky man. Nobody went over your dog. Every time I travel by car, I see rests of a dead dog on the highway. People are bad. And Coffeeshop, double check your dog's collar before you ran with him.

CoffeeshopFrank
CoffeeshopFrank
42 posts
Nomad

People are bad. And Coffeeshop, double check your dog's collar before you ran with him.

I'll make sure I do that the next time I take him out for a walk.

I feel bad for my dog. He doesn't realize that people have places to go, and they might run over him. He probably thought everybody stopped to see him. He is adorable, but that's not why people were driving down the road.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Just wondering howd your dog get onto the highway on the first place aren't most highways like high in the air? Did he like take the ramp...?

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

if it happened on a highway you were so freaking lucky!

farrowking37
farrowking37
610 posts
Nomad

at least you got the dog back, when i was little, my dog got out, and was run over but the slowest delivery truck ever (not talking UPS like the ones that deliver food to supermarkets and stuff)

:'( sad day.

sambam
sambam
452 posts
Nomad

How small of a town do you live in? My dog would be D.E.A.D.

ninjaassasin1234
ninjaassasin1234
133 posts
Nomad

Just wondering howd your dog get onto the highway on the first place aren't most highways like high in the air? Did he like take the ramp...?

He just said it isn't a highway...
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Just wondering howd your dog get onto the highway on the first place aren't most highways like high in the air?

"Highway" is a bit of a misnomer, in the sense that they aren't necessarily very high at all. Here's a picture of a nice highway in Nebraska:

http://photos.igougo.com/images/p149070-Valentine_Nebraska-Highway_20_through_the_Sand_Hills.jpg

Perhaps you're thinking of a freeway. Those can often be found built above roads and such, and more often than not, a ramp is required to enter/exit one.

There's my almost irrelevant (and probably not entirely true) lesson on freeways and highways.
Showing 1-15 of 17