The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernMy dog ran off yesterday

17 3565
CoffeeshopFrank
CoffeeshopFrank
42 posts
Nomad

When I was walking my pug yesterday, he was able to take his harness off and I had to chase him for at least thirty minutes! Near the end of his escape, he ran off to the highway and five cars were waiting for him to get off the road. He didn't budge; he just sat in the middle of the road and stuck his tongue out at the vehicles in front of him. I didn't want to get on the road to get him for two reasons:
1. If I moved closer to him, he would've ran off again.
2. You should never run out into the middle of a highway!

When everybody was waiting for me to get him, I felt like an idiot. That's how everybody is going to remember me. As I walk down the street, people will point and laugh at me and shout, "Look, everyone! It's Frank, the guy with the stupid dog!"

:^(

Fortunately, with the help of some of my neighbors, we were able to catch him, and he returned home safe and sound (but not without being sent to his cage)!

Moral of the story: always make sure your dog's harness or collar isn't too loose on him.

I was lucky this time; I might not be as lucky if he ever takes off again. :^(

• 17 Replies
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

"Highway" is a bit of a misnomer, in the sense that they aren't necessarily very high at all. Here's a picture of a nice highway in Nebraska:

Actually, a highway can be any one of these things:
a main road, especially one between towns or cities: the highway between Los Angeles and Seattle.
any public road or waterway.
any main or ordinary route, track, or course.

While, on the other hand, a freeway can be:

an express highway with no intersections, usually having traffic routed on and off by means of a cloverleaf.
a toll-free highway.

The second definition is probably where they got the word "freeway" from.

So, there's your official lesson on freeways and highways.

(Definitions by dictionary.com)
fighter23
fighter23
395 posts
Nomad

That happen to me once, because I used to live on a hill and my dog got away one day. We chased her down to the street, but then he ran into the woods. We couldn't find her and a couple of hours later someone called our house and said,"We have your dog". I was so happy she wasn't gone forever. Hope it never happens again.

Showing 16-17 of 17