ForumsThe TavernHow to motivate yourself.

20 3982
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

My friend has to correct all the Grade 7 math tests as a punishment for saying "**** you" to the principal. Each test is 100 questions so he has to correct around 2000 questions in total. They are all multiple choice so he just has to either put a check or an x.

He needs some motivation because on it will take him at least a couple hours. Do you guys know any ways to motivate yourself?

• 20 Replies
jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

This won't help, but burning sage in a room helps on feel better and concetrate.

iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

Listen to rock music it keeps you gonna.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Your school is tough but was it a repeat offense or something lol

Like trojan said listen to some music or perhaps have a break every hour

(Hmmmm perhaps...your friend can "accidently" misgrade some person he hates hehe...)

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
704 posts
Nomad

Wow, thats a LOT of work, and if there was a way of motivating yourself, your principal would have punished him in a different way.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Why trust a 7th grader to correct test... (Ugh, people these days).

I'd motivate myself by walking the hell out of there. Screw the consequences.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

That is among the stupidest punishment you can give a kid. He can either choose to do it right or do it wrong. He can just give all the tests bad grades and than the teacher will have to deal with the tests again. Besides for that a teacher needs to check it over anyways because they probably don't trust him and rechecking a multiple choice test is the same thing as grading it.

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

Why trust a 7th grader to correct test.

this was my thought too.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

If that had happened in 8th grade, he probably could have not cared about it, but your friend still has another year at that school (unless he moves) so he can't really blow it off. Honestly, if I were him, I wouldn't have done that in the first place.

indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

He could reward himself for getting certain amounts of it done.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Each test is 100 questions so he has to correct around 2000 questions in total.

There are only 20 kids in grade 7? You go to a very small school. Your friend is lucky that he doesn't go to a regular-sized school, with 10x as many kids.
deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

Why doesn't your friend just say "**** it!" And write on all the test "Never ask a student to do a teachers job!" and not correct anything.

indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

How did this punishment even come up in the first place?

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

He said "**** you" to his principal. It's in the OP.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Hard punishment but you got to admit saying " **** you " to the principal is very bad.

indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

He said "**** you" to his principal. It's in the OP.

Sorry for the ambiguity of my question. What I meant was that this is an unusual punishment. How did they even think of this.
Showing 1-15 of 20