The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernModerator "nominations" (was: "elections")

39 4767
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

So I had another idea (I'm on a role ).
Okay, this one goes a little something like this; I think that people should be elected to hold the position of a moderator. If someone wants to be a mod, they can go through some process (haven't thought that out yet... maybe they have to have a certain amount of karma or something?) and petition for the title. If enough people think they're fit to be a mod, they get elected.

• 39 Replies
Phyco
Phyco
41 posts
Nomad

I am with Cormyn on this one but I must ask. "How would we be noticed by the current moderator team as a possible future m
Moderator.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

How would we be noticed by the current moderator team as a possible future m

If you appear to be helpful around the site and the moderators think you might make a good addition to the team youll be something out of the ordinary so the mods will notice you
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

How would we be noticed by the current moderator team as a possible future m
Moderator.

Also don't ask to be a mod or admin, it ruins your chances to even be a mod and also 1 temp ban can also ruin your chances as well.
Zydrate
Zydrate
383 posts
Farmer

Admins promote moderators as they see fit. Elections would just make it a popularity contest.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Well if there is someone that is well known, like firetail, he would get votes all day. AG is looking for people who fairly active and are intelligent in their decisions. So the problem with this is most people nominated would just get it fro popular demand, not for the sites well being.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I think the current mod selection system is better than any type of nomination or election. The "election" to fire a mod back in late March was an April Fools' joke.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I made this thread a while ago, but I had some new ideas. I think that people would have to reach at least one or more requirement(s) and then be able to access a part of the site that would allow them to "submit" a request to be put up for nomination...something like that. They could be denied if they had a tracked history of spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. ... or if the admins just didn't like them :P

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

@Joe 96.
To back up Zydrate;

Elections would just make it a popularity contest.

The Election idea wouldn't be viable for the size of the site and the requirements, however if a chat is introduced, i guess (Depending on the style of it) they could have chat room moderators helping out the actual moderators of the site, maybe called something else - and that could be electon/and/or the same process it is now which works.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

@Jefferysinspiration:
I've proposed the idea in some AG3 thread, but cormyn said no to it. My idea was for it to resemble Kongregate's where they have chat room moderators and forum moderators. I went into detail about it, I'll try to find the thread if I have the time.

Showing 31-39 of 39