The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWhat should be in a modern tavern?

30 3476
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

What do you think a modern tavern should be like, but still holding the idea "tavern" in mind.

• 30 Replies
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Lol? A bar?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Yes, that may be a TAD obvious. I mean interesting things that you have not seen in a tavern or nightclub

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The distinction between bars, pubs, taverns, etc. is quite murky. You definitely need good food in your tavern.. It's supposed to be a place where you can have a hearty meal and bucket of beer.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Indeed. I like old medieval bars because they had good lighting and interesting customers and bartenders.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

A tavern is a bar and a hotel, not just a bar.

A modern tavern should be a bed and breakfast with an adjoining bar with a pool hall included.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

A tavern is a bar and a hotel, not just a bar.

That's an inn.

A modern tavern should be a bed and breakfast with an adjoining bar with a pool hall included

That's more of an inn.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

The difference between Tavern, Inn, Bar, etc.. is very little.
A Modern Tavern should have All topics and conversation without a proper category.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Very true, Gr8.

The inn is a result of government regulation. Taverns used to be like a modern inn but also a meeting place.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

The main difference seperating inns from tavern and pubs is the fact that the former provides accommodation. That does nothing to bar some pubs or taverns to refer to themselves as inns, despite not serving accomodation at all. The distinctions are pretty messed up, but I'll just go with what I said.

A Modern Tavern should have All topics and conversation without a proper category.

Of course a tavern or any public gathering place should be open to free conversation. I'd expect everyone to know that already.

The inn is a result of government regulation.

Sure.
Kusic
Kusic
184 posts
Peasant

If we are talking about AG3, it should have categories, like Fun, Science, Politics, School,AG, Work.... something like that, so it can be easier to navigate through topics

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

I like old medieval bars because they had good lighting...

Candles?
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Inns are certified to accomodate guests. Before certification was required, the tavern was differentiated from bars and pubs by its accomodations.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

are u guys siriosly having an argument about bars and inns?
what has ur life been reduced to?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Pickpocket, if you're going to come in here and insult us, atleast try not to look like such an idiot. If you use proper grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation, people might actually care that you insulted them.

What is your life been reduced to that you would come into a forum just to spam and flame for your own ammusement?

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

A modern tavern should have:
Above-average food
Rentables rooms
An at least average-quality bar, stocked
forms of entertainment (like billiards)
Large sitting & socializing areas

Showing 1-15 of 30