The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernBiting Nails

23 3864
iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

I've always had the problem of biting nails and I can't seem to quit. I can't force myself to quit either.

Do any of you know a way to stop biting your nails?

• 23 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

This ought to help. Applying a deterrent always deters me.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I bite my nails when Im nervous.
Cant Quit myself, plus you have to cut your nails if you dont want to look like this:
http://www.isavo.com/nails.jpg

iTrojans
iTrojans
296 posts
Nomad

I bite mine when I'm nervous too.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Read that little page that knight linked you to. Also, think to yourself on how much bacteria that you are chewing when you do bite your nails. You should use a nailclippers if you do want to shorten your nails instead of biting them.

plus you have to cut your nails if you dont want to look like this:

It'll take years to get nails that long and you have to be extra cautious so you don't break one - so it's highly unlikely that nails would get that long...

I've never chewed on my fingernails.
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

My friend bought this nail polish. It is clear and you can't even tell it is there once it drys. It tastes very bitter so when you bite your nails you taste it and stop. It is used just for this problem. It worked for him really well.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

It worked for him really well.

A guy parading around in public wearing nail polish... Oh gosh. :P

I bit my index finger's nail off one time, just to see what it was like.

Let's just say that I'm never going to do that again.
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

If you force yourself to stop it takes a few weeks for you to get in a habit of not doing it.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Theres an ad above this page for a product that supposedly stops nail biting. lol how ironic

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I used to bite my nails when I was young but I eventually stopped the habit. My brother on the other hand still can't stop biting his nails. Even with a product that's supposed to stop nail biting, he still does it.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I used to bite my nails. I never really had a problem with it, I didn't want to stop and that was really all there was to it, but then I started rock climbing and stubby fingernails hurt, so I just stopped. I don't really know any specific way, I just told myself I wouldn't do it anymore.

PracticalManiac
PracticalManiac
295 posts
Peasant

I love biting my nails... I have anxiety up my A-hole and it is so soothing. I would not stop for the world! I also fumble with my ears a lot :P

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

i never bite my nails and never had a problem with biting them either

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I bite mine when i notice they are to long but don't feel like waiting until i get home and forget.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Dip your fingers in tobasco sauce each morning.

ninjaassasin1234
ninjaassasin1234
133 posts
Nomad

Theres an ad above this page for a product that supposedly stops nail biting. lol how ironic

Hahaha, that made me laugh.
Showing 1-15 of 23