ForumsGames[Castaway 2] Your favorite weapon/skill/pet combo

38 37370
Fennec15
Fennec15
86 posts
Bard

Hello all =)
I post this topic about Castaway 2 for talking about your favorite combo, including weapon, skill or pet.
I notice that some players have difficulty to beat boss.

For all boss, except the last, you can beat them by using 'Shield Bash'(Physic lvl 2), and finish little monsters with 'Spin' (Physic lvl 3). And repeat that. If you are low of HP, use 'Lightning Strike' (Thunder lvl 1), but check before if your cible is the boss! The boss is knock, and you can use this time for heal you.
For the last boss, I let you discover, I just say that 'Agressive mode' is the best for your pet.

I will give you my stuff:
-A Razor sword
-Saint armor
-The Beetle God Shield

For finish this topic, I'll give you a bonus: Make a lot of Exp quickly.

This hint need to be at the end of the game. Go to Forgotten Forge.
At this time, you must turn your pet into 'agressive'.

!Warning! These hint needs at least full Armor Plate, and ~30MAG stats.
You have 3 options:
-Use the skill 'Miasma' (Poison lvl 3) and go to the bottom of the map for killing the 5 last Lava Scarab, while your pet kill the last Baby Blue Beetles.

--Or--

-Go directly to the bottom of the map.
When you are circled by Green Beetles (~4), use Spin.
Join the Lava Scarab, attract them ALL over you, and use the 'Lightning Trap' (Thunder lvl 2). If you can use Spin, use it, else use the 'Thrust' (Physic lvl 1).

--Or--

-Go directly to the bottom the map, and pass through the Green Beetles&Lava Scarab, go on the right-bottom wall, and use 'Thunder Dome' (Thunder lvl 3). While the Thunder Dome is active, go back for killing Green Beetles at the same time.

In the two last hint, your agressive pet have killed every Blue Beetle.
After using that, you need to go out, and return.
With this hint, you will recolt A LOT OF Mana Herbs, Healing Herb, Castaway Feather, Panacea Potion and sometimes Ruby Shards.
For go out faster of the map, you can use a Panacea Potion found before.

• 38 Replies
HeavensOfMetal
HeavensOfMetal
3 posts
Nomad

My favourite pet (so far) has been the Lightning element snake, I started a new game though and I'm beginning to think getting a Pixie Dragon egg is hopeless xD (Is it hopeless? ._.)

I use the exact same set up and you to be quite frank, it is the best armour, weapon .etc in the game.. Well, I'm assuming the weapon I make with the angels tear will be better.

Fennec15
Fennec15
86 posts
Bard

I reassure you, finding a Pixie Dragon Egg is not hopeless ^^

HeavensOfMetal
HeavensOfMetal
3 posts
Nomad

I reassure you, finding a Pixie Dragon Egg is not hopeless ^^

Hmm.. Is this a shameless ploy to make me waste hours trying to find an un-findable egg? :P

Is there a list of pets you can get in Castaway?

As for leveling tips I have one of my own ^^.

First you'll want to find an area where any enemy you hit will chase you quickly and there should be a lot of them, example: An area with a lot of snakes and beetles would do.
Next get out a fairly weak quick-swinging weapon like a dagger (Using boost is a good idea too) and run around and hit every enemy, Shepard them into a group and you can take out all of them at the same time (Use a club or sword).
This is a lot lot faster than just killing one or two at a time.
Oh, good to have your pet on passive otherwise he/she will separate monsters from the group.
I got from 8 to 16 doing that for 20 minutes :O
Best to do near the start of the game, where enemies don't use so much magic.
Fennec15
Fennec15
86 posts
Bard

I'd 5 Pixie Eggs, so no stress. :P
The list of pets is simple: Every mob you can fight several times (So no boss) can give you a Egg. The Pink Loomi at the beginning is the only pet to add to this list.

InfernalDaimen
InfernalDaimen
2 posts
Nomad

I actually don't like any of the pets so far. I've gotten a lightning snake, a poison beetle, and a blue loomi. They all die so quickly, that I just don't bother with them at all.

mwdaly
mwdaly
19 posts
Blacksmith

To me, it's an improvement over the original Castaway. There, my pet was doing about 10% of the damage that I was and most of my effort was keeping the pet alive. I made so much more progress in that game when I ditched the pet and played solo. In C2, I still have just a plain ol' snake and it still does about 40% of my damage and my heal spell helps both of us. Much more of an ally than an anchor now, although it's still not a partner.

InfernalDaimen
InfernalDaimen
2 posts
Nomad

I switched my pet over to a lightning snake when I first got it, but it kept dieing. And then I switched back, and my old pet wasn't leveled up to where I was anymore, and it kept dieing. Pets in this series are nothing more than a liability, which is a ****ed shame.

ill301
ill301
1 posts
Shepherd

i'm equip with:

Plate armor
Scholar sword
Warrior's shield

Fennec15
Fennec15
86 posts
Bard

Plate armor is very useful in the game, and I think that Minotaure/Saint armor are just for the fun when you have nothing to do more.

callmefreak
callmefreak
7 posts
Nomad

I equip Vindicator for my weapon, the last armor body in the shop i forget the name and my lovely pet is loomi coz have the same level and exp

HeavensOfMetal
HeavensOfMetal
3 posts
Nomad

I actually don't like any of the pets so far. I've gotten a lightning snake, a poison beetle, and a blue loomi. They all die so quickly, that I just don't bother with them at all.

Generally I avoid pets with low defense, Gila monsters and Loomi (starter) have the best defence I've seen so far.
My starter Loomi at level 25 has over 40 defence.
Matarro
Matarro
3 posts
Nomad

Eh, I've found that the starter pet kicks enough arse as long as it's the same level as me. I've never had it die, it's allways had much more HP than me so I don't really see how that could be an issue. Besides, there's such an abundance of money in this game that you can spam potions on it if you must. I think I'm going to play around with some other pets before I finish the game, I'm just about done with all quests but holding off killing the last boss until I'm done tinkering lol.

Where can I find the Pixie Dragon you're talking about?

As for equipment I'm using Saint Helmet/Chest/Sleves and Minotaur Leggings, haven't found a full set of either yet. Shield = Beetle God and weapon = Morning Star. I accidentally sold the Imp Branch so I can't make the Deadwood Staff (only quest I haven't done), otherwise I'd swap that in for magic.

moogleme123
moogleme123
1 posts
Nomad

the lightnigh snake is good if you set it on agressive and let it kill every thing while you protect it

kgunslinger
kgunslinger
1 posts
Nomad

how do you get Saint armor and any outhere armors 2 aswell as The Beetle God Shield

Matarro
Matarro
3 posts
Nomad

Playing through it the second time now. I'm normally a knucklehead melee guy but the magic in this game is just so powerful that I focused on that this time. First I unlocked Miasma, then Thunder Dome. With those unlocked and every point possible into magic I can just slaughter everything in my path to get ridiculously quick xp. Next I unlocked Boost for quick movement.

I'm a bit more than halfway into the game and I still haven't bothered with armor, I've just kept my mage weapon up to date and that's it. I guess I'd die in a few hits but nothing is able to get close enough to actually hit me so far. I even have 20 unused upgrade points at level 25 (no real reason, just want to see how long before I need them). Feels like I'm cheating.

I'll probably need some melee power for the final fight though.

how do you get Saint armor and any outhere armors 2 aswell as The Beetle God Shield

To get Saint armor you must first craft Paladin armor by combining Old guard armor with a Paladin talisman. After that you combine the Paladin armor with a Saint talisman and voila, Saint armor.

Beetle God shield: Wooden Shield+Iron ingot=Round shield -> Round Shield+Old Knight's Memento@Forge of Nymphs=Warriors Shield -> Warriors Shield+Iron Globe=Blast Shield -> Blast Shield+Beetle God Essence@Forgotten Forge=Beetle God Shield.

You can find all crafting combinations and item locations if you look at the map in this thread: http://armorgames.com/community/thread/7583265/detailed-castaway-2-walkthrough-map
Showing 1-15 of 38