The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernGhost Accounts

30 4725
Soul99
Soul99
91 posts
Farmer

I was thinking to add a button to flag the account.There are a lot of ghost accounts...Can we delete them?

• 30 Replies
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

No, just because they don't have any AP doesn't mean they don't visit the site.

There's been a lot of these types of threads.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I agree with ProfessorOak.

Just because people don't have Armor Points doesn't mean that they don't come to the site and play the games, and you can't just delete an account because you never know when a person will come back to the site to use that account.

Soul99
Soul99
91 posts
Farmer

Probably they did it for the comments...

savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

I agree with ProfessorOak and GhostOfMatrix.

I have a friend with no AP but I know that he still uses the site.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Probably they did it for the comments...

The accounts with 0 AP are most likely used for playing games around the site. Since this is a flash gaming site, they probably wanted to keep track of their progress on an account and you do get exclusive content on some games with an account.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Is "GhostOfMatrix" a ghost account? :0

But on topic, AG can't tell which accounts are ghost ones. They can guess but then there will be a large amount of angry banned users who aren't ghosts. Besides, they make the site look bigger

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The account that Graham

just linking it
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Some "ghost" accounts are alts. Technically, alts are legal, but they may not post comments or forum posts, which are reserved for main accounts.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Some "ghost" accounts are alts. Technically, alts are legal, but they may not post comments or forum posts, which are reserved for main accounts.

Not all alt accounts are ghost accounts. Some could be considered as ghosts though.

Ghost accounts are accounts that are made by someone and then are forgotten over time. Whether they realized they didn't like the site or just forgot about it the accounts were abandoned.

There is no sure way of figuring out which accounts on AG are ghosts without spending a boatload of time. That's why there isn't a solid idea that we can put to use to eliminate the ghost accounts.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

Not all alt accounts are ghost accounts.

I wasn't saying that. Here's what I meant by my previous post:

Ghost = Alt (sometimes)

Here's what you said:

Alt =/= Ghost (sometimes)

I have learned that such a statement is called a counterpositive, which does not prove me wrong. Since you are correct in what you said, I must be correct in what I said too. I will quote my previous post and bold the key word:

Some "ghost" accounts are alts.

I wasn't saying that all alts are ghosts, although alts are technically not allowed to post or comment.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

*cough*

If there is a mechanism for tracking how long it has been since a user was last online, 0 AP accounts not used for a reasonable amount of time (3 months perhaps?) ought to be deleted.

Though really, with AG3 around the corner now isn't the best time to take action.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

If there is a mechanism for tracking how long it has been since a user was last online, 0 AP accounts not used for a reasonable amount of time (3 months perhaps?) ought to be deleted.

It still might annoy the user if he was unexplainably banned, even if he hasn't used his account once.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

It still might annoy the user if he was unexplainably banned, even if he hasn't used his account once.

I would hope that wouldn't be the case. Before going any further, it'd be interesting to see how many of those 0 AP ghost accounts are actually logged into.
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

I would say just leave them be. If they're not bugging people than leave them alone.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If they're not bugging people than leave them alone.

I really don't see why people complain about the 0 AP accounts so much. It's rather annoying.

They aren't doing anything wrong to people - if they want to just play games to keep track of things on their account then let them, it's not like they can do anything to harm anyone.

And knight, I don't think that they should be deleted. Maybe someone will come back after some time to play games on their account then they see that their account has been deleted, then they will argue with the Administrators about it.

I'd say just leave those accounts alone.
Showing 1-15 of 30