The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernTime

21 2965
savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

Too fast? Too slow? Is it a straight line? Or is it curvy?
What is your view of time?

Mine is that time is irrelevant to itself, has no speed, and its shape is only imaginable with no wordly description.

• 21 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

The person I was replying to said that time itselfwas a measurement.

Right, sorry about that I usually just ignore what people quoted and respond to their post; I need to get better at that.

Time is akin to mass; both exist outside of measurement but both can be measured using human created scales or systems.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As in is there a measure of time that is completely objective. One that ignores gravity (or rather is measured outside of gravity) and human concepts such as years. Or is it possible to determine an "absolute" sense of time.

No matter where you put a clock its measures time the same way. So you can't have one that measures time in multiple places because time may be slower there. The time we measure on earth depends on the location of the sun so it being different on different parts of the earth isn't the same thing.
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

That's not true. The measurements of time (ie second, hour) are, indeed, measurements. Time itself is a whole other thing.

Depends on what about time you are talking about.
DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Time is a valuable thing don't waste it.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

Time flies for me,
the past 6 months of school past by in a blink

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

A lot of us waste time doing pointless things.

Showing 16-21 of 21