ForumsThe TavernWhich languages do you speak?

221 34666
RyanNC
RyanNC
53 posts
Shepherd

How many languages do you speak and which ones? I only speak English but am studying Spanish so I could sustain a conversation for fun. Please post! The results should be interesting...

• 221 Replies
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Wow! That's quite impressive!

Thank you. And in terms of programming languages, I know HTML and I am learning ActionScript.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

For programming languages, I might learn something about them/study them this weekend when I have more time.

I'm going to try to create a game then submit it on Kongregate to get that cool blue D.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Say, deathopper, was your first language French?

Because I remember you saying somewhere that English wasn't your first language.

It's complicated to explain. You see I was spuposed to be English educated, nut we moved to Canada in kindergarden so I didn't learn how to write in English, but know how to speak it fluently. In my nuemeouse French schools I learned English a little so I know how to write. Now in Lebanon I'm learning the most English.
jackoo8080
jackoo8080
452 posts
Nomad

I speak English, Chinese, and french which I am currently learning right now.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Yo puedo hablar español e Inglés.
I can speak Spanish and English.
:P
Not a well known fact about me.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Wait,
I made up two languages and I use Pig Latin. Does that count as three?

You speak English, don't you? Lol, rhetorical questions are funny.
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

I know English, French (je peux parler et ecrire dans le Francais) and currently learning Arabic (hard as hell by the way). I can speak more or less fluently in Arabic and understand it both in the normal version of it (there is two deferent ways to speak in Arabic classic and normal talk and different dialects of the normal version depending on region). Writing and reading is still being learned

great you can help me with my french exams coing up. je suis merde au francaise. im in support french! and you can help me fine tone my arabic cuz my last teacher, mr dessouki, sucked so bad. but i can more or less, withstand a conversation in an academic and street arabic mix. just i read very bad and i can't write that good. problem is, i'm an arab :P.

oh, and im learning German beginners at school.
parrot657
parrot657
896 posts
Nomad

I speak English (ORLY), Spanish and Middle-School (terrible) French.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I'm going to try to create a game then submit it on Kongregate to get that cool blue D.

All you technically have to do is create something with simple interactivity because they accept anything that is a game.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm currently only fluent in English. ([i]Who woulda though?! o.o ) I can read basic Latin, Spanish and Greek, but I am ok at Latin and not very good with Spanish and Greek. Currently considering learning Hebrew. Also, I've mainly been learning Latin and Greek for the Biblical aspect. The same would be for Hebrew.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

1) American English

3) Pig Latin

4) Classical Latin

5) 1337 5P3AK

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

English. Chinese. Pig Latin. Ghetto. FOB speak. Binary?

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

owhay antcay eakspay igpay atinlay and 1337 5P34|<? Seriously thought, are we going to count those? And "Ghetto" is just English with atrocious grammar and spelling. :P

puppetadventurer
puppetadventurer
35 posts
Nomad

i only speak:

1. english

2. a bit of pig latin

3.some 1337

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad