ForumsThe TavernWhich languages do you speak?

221 34657
RyanNC
RyanNC
53 posts
Shepherd

How many languages do you speak and which ones? I only speak English but am studying Spanish so I could sustain a conversation for fun. Please post! The results should be interesting...

• 221 Replies
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

english, some spanish, a little german, miniscule japanese and chinese...

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I'm fairly proud of myself here. English, Spanish, Latin, Greek, and my own language. I want to pick up Sumerian and Hebrew, though.

As for my language, it's a language I'm creating all by myself. It has its own alphabet and grammar. I have 39 letters and two pages of vocabulary so far, along with a punctuation system. :]

brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

English, Portuguese, Spanish, French and Irish (it's a freaking dialect :P). Currently studying Japanese for the lulz.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

100% english, and some made up language I created and had fun with. Maybe a little french? and one word for other languages.

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

Man, I speak Danish, cuz im from Denmark

Denmark is in nothern Europe.

TazManiac7
TazManiac7
25 posts
Bard

English, اÙعربÙØ©, Français, Deutsch.

I would love to lean Japanese but I still find it quite intimidating! My friends tell me it is easier than it looks. I seriously doubt it lol!

TazManiac7
TazManiac7
25 posts
Bard

It seems this forum doesn't accept charters that are not English so the list above is:

English, Arabic, French and German

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I would love to lean Japanese but I still find it quite intimidating! My friends tell me it is easier than it looks. I seriously doubt it lol!

Japanese is actually really easy. It's probably the easiest Asian Language.

I speaaaaak:
English (of course)
Chinese (is meh, but I can hold conversation)
German (I can speak, but don't ask me to write or spell)
Japanese (beginner but I know all of the alphabets)
Korean (I can read and speak, but I have some difficulty with the reading part)

Now, I can do a little bit of French, and a little bit of Spanish, but I haven't actually taken classes or done real online looking.

I do plan on being a linguistics major, so I'll probably have a few more after college
Faunbard
Faunbard
650 posts
Nomad

English (of course)
Chinese (is meh, but I can hold conversation)
German (I can speak, but don't ask me to write or spell)
Japanese (beginner but I know all of the alphabets)
Korean (I can read and speak, but I have some difficulty with the reading part

Talk about bilingual!
Umm, i am proud to say that i speak about 98.2374673846%English. The last 2% comes from a prayer that i know in Hebrew. (it fun to convince my friends that i know Hebrew, however i dont tell them that its actually a prayer and that im repeating the same phrases over adn over.)
I plan on taking either
-French
Or
-Spanish
Im not sure what will affect me more, considering i might be a writer or a journalist.
Showing 211-219 of 221