ForumsNews and Feedbackis there an ag v4 planned?

18 5500
reloadmachine5212
reloadmachine5212
50 posts
Nomad

well is there?

• 18 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Lol, I don't think the AG guys are wanting an AG4, unless they have to do a serious revamp of the entire system. AG3 isn't even completed yet, so we'll just have to play with this one.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Before the admins said that only a major revamp of technology could cause AG4, somebody said that there would be infinite AG versions.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

The site administrators have been hard at work constructing AG3. If anything comes up now that they would consider adding to the site, they'd probably just add it to AG3. I'm sure that in a few years they'll build a new site, but I think that the site should be pretty much set for a while.

reloadmachine5212
reloadmachine5212
50 posts
Nomad

well there will be good ideas so i think its sorta imminent

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

All ideas submitted will be built onto AG3. Like Frank said, which I've said, unless we have a MAJOR technology change, I doubt AG4 will be in the plan any time soon.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

But if there's some suggestions that people really want after the release of AGv3, are you just going to say wait for AG4, or will you be updating the site frequently?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

But if there's some suggestions that people really want after the release of AGv3, are you just going to say wait for AG4, or will you be updating the site frequently?

According to what I've seen, I think the answer will be the latter. AG4 would only occur as a major technology change.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

AG3 is special, as in the developers can continue to add onto the site without serious problems. AG2 isn't like that, as it wasn't able to handle any new additions. So if there were extra ideas, like Ian just said, they will add them to AG3.

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I would imagine so, hopefully in the next decade.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

if there's some suggestions that people really want after the release of AGv3, are you just going to say wait for AG4, or will you be updating the site frequently?

I'm sure that they'll be able to edit the site.
well is there?

Maybe five or so years from now, possibly more.

--

I can't believe people are asking about AG4 when AG3 isn't even released yet..
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Boy people are impatient. AG3 is not released yet! Wait for AG3, it will have new features, new logo, this and that... Just sign up for beta and then see if you will like it.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Look at all these great threads on this category.
We already know that there will be much updates on AGv3. But my question is; will it contain all the wanted updates?

Is there some lonely good update in the big sea of AGv3-threads?
My point is; if it is some update left we need; there must be an AGv4.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

@JohnGarell:
Read Frank's post on the previous page.

AG3 is special, as in the developers can continue to add onto the site without serious problems. AG2 isn't like that, as it wasn't able to handle any new additions. So if there were extra ideas, like Ian just said, they will add them to AG3.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

But then it will take really long time 'til AGv3 releases! I mean isn't it hard to take all the updates in one new version?!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

You're not understanding his post.

The developers can add features onto the site without any problems, they don't have to make an AG4 to make a few little updates, they can just add it into AG3.

Showing 1-15 of 18