The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDC vs. Marvel

17 3186
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Considering we seem to be getting flooded with Vs matches between characters of these two groups I thought it would be a good idea to consolidate them into one thread.

Here's is what we have so far
Superman VS Wolverine
Batman VS Daredevil
Electra VS Hush
Green Arrow VS Angel

It seems pretty much agreed that That Superman would win against Wolverine and Batman would win against Daredevil.
I think it should actually be Elektra vs. Catwoman and Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye.

So if you want to do a verse battle between characters from either of these comic books post them here.

• 17 Replies
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Im going to second this thread as the others are all spamming up the tavern.
Also DC FTW!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Good job on the thread, Mage. Yesterday morning I was about to make a thread with a rant on how annoying the tavern was because it was filled with all these 'this vs that' threads, but I stopped myself from doing so.

--

Elektra vs. Catwoman

This would be a magnificent battle. Elecktra has those sais and Catwoman has that rope. But both of these women are incredibly agile and skilled in fighting.

I can't decide.
Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye.

I don't know much about Hawkeye except that he has a bow and uses arrows like Green Arrow.

I'll have to do more research before I can decide.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Good job on the thread, Mage. Yesterday morning I was about to make a thread with a rant on how annoying the tavern was because it was filled with all these 'this vs that' threads, but I stopped myself from doing so.

Good you didn't because, honestly, that would've been spammy, useless, and annoying in my book.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

in my book.

It doesn't matter what it is in your book. Because it wouldn't have been spammy nor useless because I was going to make it so all these cognitively challenged people that inhabit the tavern read it so that they can probably stop with all the annoying 'this vs that' threads.

If I did create the thread then it would probably have been locked.

--

On topic with the thread: If I'm reading the OP right then we can post 'this vs that' within this thread. So, does anything have any names that come to mind?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I am just thinking spider man. He has got to be one of my favorite super heros, in fact, he is my favorite super hero! I do not know anybody who could beat him.

There are many people in DC and Marvel that could defeat Spiderman.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

There are many people in DC and Marvel that could defeat Spiderman.

Agreed. However Spiderman is fantastic regardless. Though I really like Batman simply because he has no super power. Unless being a billionare is some kind of super power.
ramzaman
ramzaman
231 posts
Farmer

Marvel is better because its more realistic
DC is about superman and batman..ya know..superman is all.."ima super hero "
and batman has no powers

Marvel is about real kids..most about teenagers or people who dont want their powers but got em anyway and they hafta go through real day by day problems that normal people go through ON TOP of all the superhero stuff. Like the fantastic four didnt like their powers at first, spiderman didnt really want his, the hulk hated his. ect.

so Marvel is better
but DC is awesome tooo

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I would like you to name some, and why.

Take a look here. And here.

I'm sure that you're capable of going through the lists and able to read.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

DC and Marvel are pretty good. But, since Marvel created Spider Man, I will go for Marvel.

This is more about vs matches between individual characters within those two companies rather then the companies them self.

I don't know much about Hawkeye except that he has a bow and uses arrows like Green Arrow.

To get you started.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Clinton_Barton_%28Earth-616%29

So, does anything have any names that come to mind?

In fact I do How about Doctor Fate vs. Doctor Strange

And don't forget Fate has powers from his helmet as well.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Was there not another superhero with a similar power to spider mans?

I don't any superheroes with similar powers to Spiderman's.

However, I know two villains with similar powers to his. Venom and Carnage.
In fact I do How about Doctor Fate vs. Doctor Strange

Sounds like it would get a great fight.

Doctor Fate possesses a variety of mystical powers. In general, even without wearing the Helmet of Nabu, the host can fly, is highly resistant to injury, has minor telekinesis, and has greater-than-human strength.

So with that, Doctor Fate resembles Superman, but he has mystical powers. Doctor Strange doesn't have much strength, but he has more magic abilities.

I'd have to go with Doctor Fate, he's really powerful without the helmet, then if he puts it on he would be even more powerful.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I meant just some guy who shoots rope out of his hands. I wonder how he would do against spider. I may be messed up, though.

Spiderman vs. Ravager
Peggster
Peggster
483 posts
Nomad

Doctor Fate vs. Doctor Strange

I would have to go with Strange, he is pretty awesome with his splitting souls and the ability to stop time.
But yeah, the Helm of Fate is pretty awesome.

How about some villains; Apocalypse Vs. Galactus?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Apocalypse Vs. Galactus

Let's go with one from DC and one from Marvel, those are both Marvel.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

i wonder what would happen to the kryptonite if wolverine's body were to clean it from his claws... would it be altered so as to no longer affect superman? ...or would it be excreted from his skin? ... or circulate in his system? ... b/c if its floating in his blood then if its in the capillaries its practically in his skin.. he'd be a walking anti superman chunk of kryptonite

or maybe i just over think things...

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

i wonder what would happen to the kryptonite if wolverine's body were to clean it from his claws... would it be altered so as to no longer affect superman? ...or would it be excreted from his skin? ... or circulate in his system? ... b/c if its floating in his blood then if its in the capillaries its practically in his skin.. he'd be a walking anti superman chunk of kryptonite

I would probably just be expelled like any foreign substance.

This get's into the Adamantium. I find it odd they would have it be toxic. Given it's virtually unchangeable state that aspect of doesn't make much sense. I could see it being toxic before cooling into it's final form but not after. Though I could see Wolverines immune system attacking it like any foreign substance but failing to remove it.
It would be a sort of internal unstoppable force meets immovable object.

How about some villains;

How about Apocalypse vs. Darkseid
Showing 1-15 of 17