ForumsWEPRDo we actually like killing???

17 5187
KarateKid
KarateKid
6 posts
Nomad

I mean think about it most video games you have to kill people ge killed in robberies every day and in iraq war...

• 17 Replies
oocerealoo
oocerealoo
105 posts
Nomad

im in martial arts and were told to kill someone if we cant stop it from happening

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

i see nothing wrong with killing a 2d pixelated unrealistic looking figure. If it's GTA, i won't go near it.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I love GTA, and I don't run around killing people in real life.

In Oblivion, I slayed the entire population of Bravil. And yet I'm not a serial killer.

Games based on war and death will always exist. The mindset of warrior and murderer are things that most people can't or don't want to experience in real life, but they are curious about them. Video games or gaming in general (IE D&D) give people a way to experience such things without actually doing them.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

I love GTA, and I don't run around killing people in real life.
In Oblivion, I slayed the entire population of Bravil. And yet I'm not a serial killer.
Games based on war and death will always exist. The mindset of warrior and murderer are things that most people can't or don't want to experience in real life, but they are curious about them. Video games or gaming in general (IE D&D) give people a way to experience such things without actually doing them.

I agree with everything he said right there!!!

I mean really were just having some fun, and the people who take it for real life, they should not be playing it! I mean, do you belive that we would have fun playing a game that has no violence, or killing...HELL NO!!! It's almost in a way, human nature...I mean there are a lot of "waco's" out there who take it as a game, and enjoy it, but to answere your qestion...

I belive yes and no....Some like it enough to do it on a bases, some like most of us, don't, but you can't change the fact that sometimes it's really the olny option left.
Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

See, we kill in video games so we don't feel the urge do kill in real life.
I mean, if we could do it morally (and legally) in real life then we would do it. We sant to try everything.

WallyOhio
WallyOhio
146 posts
Nomad

...brain cells...

ryan7g
ryan7g
478 posts
Shepherd

Almost all your good games today have to do with killing or death, whether it's flash games or console games (Halo, Call of Duty, Sonny, Last Stand 1 and 2, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, all your typical army games, etc.) I mean, I could go on forever but I think I've made my point. Just because we play killing games, which almost everyone does if you're a gamer because a ton of people love first and third person shooters, it doesn't mean we're going to go to Iraq or Germany or something and start killing some Iraquis and Germans lol. Now Grand Theft Auto, ehh that's a different story. That game has to do with stealing, crime, killing, slaughter, massacres, running away from cops, etc. and it's really just a bad game. But anyways, why do you think some games have a rating for the age of people can play it? I know no one does go by rating, but hey they still have it there.

Strongbow
Strongbow
324 posts
Nomad

"The ability and drive to take life is engrained in all life-forms, from one cell to one million. The ability to refrain from taking life is what makes us human."
-Winston Churchill

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Personally I think Churchill was incorrect. But seeing as he was most likely commenting on the second World War, it also seems appropriate.

At any rate, this is now resembling this thread.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

people always make such a big deal about videogames which have people dying in them. Eg GTA4 who cares it's just a game. Back in the day people didn't blame movies, tv or videogames. Serial killers were just crazy.

Captian_EO
Captian_EO
172 posts
Nomad

I think that killing on video games is fine as long as you are emotionally mature enough to handle it. Some people are creeps and are going to kill people anyway, so I hope they can use death video games as an outlet.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

Everything being said, breakout is still epicly fun.

rougehawk
rougehawk
6 posts
Nomad

i read somewhere that only 4 in about 1000 people actually enjoy killing.
thats not exact but it should be somewhere around that though
some pychological state of mind

Magey
Magey
28 posts
Nomad

Killing in video games has many pros and cons.
However, if you can handle killing without actually applying it to real-life, then go ahead.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

@ rougehawk: If you could remember the reference, that would be absolutely terrific.

Showing 1-15 of 17