ForumsNews and Feedbackidea: view counter on profile pages (was: more ideas for AG)

16 5874
flurshy123
flurshy123
10 posts
Nomad

-ur profile showes u how manyveiwes it has
if u have anymore comment

• 16 Replies
flurshy123
flurshy123
10 posts
Nomad

sry its many veiws

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I first off, I think it would help you if used correct grammar.
Anyways, I was sort of thinking of this suggestion the other day, but I figured it would be pointless.
But, it would be a cool little feature, to see your top watchers or how many profile visits you get.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

thats a good idea, what made you think up of this idea?

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I first off, I think it would help you if used correct grammar.

Hell yeah.

It'd probably just end up being something similar to followers.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Views on profiles is rather pointless and would take up space that could be used for other things. And people could just hold f5 on their profile page so they get more views.

Rosemary16
Rosemary16
151 posts
Peasant

Not a good idea, it's rather pointless and would be ignored.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

Be all right but what good will it do?

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

now thinking about it, who cares how many people visit your profile? honestly. its a thorough thought, but whats the point of it?

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

If this feature is implemented (I highly doubt it), I think that the moderator's profiles will have the most views.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

thats a good idea, what made you think up of this idea?
now thinking about it, who cares how many people visit your profile? honestly. its a thorough thought, but whats the point of it?

Please don't say one thing then completely change your idea when others do. It's annoying.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

And people could just hold f5 on their profile page so they get more views.

Or they could just turn on an autoclicker when they go to bed. Or both. Either way, it doesn't seem worth implementing considering how many ways there are to abuse it.

I think that the moderator's profiles will have the most views.

The game creators who work for AG (or have games that happen to get millions of plays) will get the most profile views. I'm guessing more people click on the game designers' profiles from game pages than click on the about section and click on the moderators.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

This idea does seem pointless. It's just an unnecessary thing to track.

I agree. The only things that should be kept track of is; forum posts, comments, game ratings, merits, reputation/karma points, and Armor Points. That's all that's necessary and relevant to keep track of.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the idea, either, but if enough users ask for it, we'll see about implementing it.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Or they could just turn on an autoclicker when they go to bed. Or both. Either way, it doesn't seem worth implementing considering how many ways there are to abuse it.

I believe the cookies already recognize when the host accepted a view from you, so once would have been enough, until some amount of time passes. That is how it works right now in the community, am I right? I am pretty sure you can't just refresh the page and let it accumulate views, because I honestly have done so with my own threads. However, it doesn't work. Whether it has something to do with the fact that I was the OP or not, cookies recognize when you've viewed a thread. The same could work with viewing profiles, if the developers ever decide to add it.

I think it will be a great miscellaneous idea.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Frank, we'd have some sort of spam protection enabled based on your session. We'd probably tack, at most, one visit per 6 hours or something.

Showing 1-15 of 16