The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernUnstoppable force vs. Unmovable object (discussion about paradoxes)

48 9886
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

The title says it all. You could also post other paradoxes here.

• 48 Replies
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

The whole thing wouldn't make sense because no such things exist.

Wekepidia makes a good point.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I had a paradox to mention but I forgot it just when I was a about to type...

skullzero7
skullzero7
32 posts
Nomad

Up is down.

Turin
Turin
104 posts
Shepherd

Isn't it Immovable?
Anyway,
Zombies and any other undead are paradoxal

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_hFl66-9EIc/TazsSaMnorI/AAAAAAAArEo/UeXr2oWkRn8/s1600/p1.JPG

Sorry, had to drag Portal 2 into this, I couldn't think of any other paradoxes myself.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Sorry, had to drag Portal 2 into this, I couldn't think of any other paradoxes myself.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I was about to post some paradoxes from there.

Here's one that I like:

If an omnipotent being really is omnipotent, can it create an object that it can't lift?

I worded it myself, I'm pretty sure the "official" version is worded better. :/
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Computer 1: The computer next to me always lies.
Computer 2: The computer next to me always tells the truth.

That's not a paradox you just posted 2 contradictory statments...

Wikipedia more or less answered the OP paradox so ill make a new one.

Is the answer to this question no?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Has anybody read iRobot where the Robot is made to be all-knowing? Just curious.

Realistically, the universe would never allow paradoxes to happen, so either:

a) the object and force don't exist, or
b) the object and force would never meet.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

a) the object and force don't exist, or
b) the object and force would never meet.

According to Wikipedia, the answer is a.
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

List of paradoxes

Here's a list of most of the paradoxes.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Grandfather Paradox- Go back in time and kill one of your ancestors before a later ancestor is born/concieved. It would cause you to never be born, yet if you don't exist you couldn't kill them to begin with thus you will exist to kill them so you won't exist to kill them so you will exist to kill them.......
Immovable Object meets an Unstopable Force- This gets into quantum physics. If the object cannot be moved, it will not allow the other object to push it. If the forced object cannot be stopped, it will continue moving after meeting the immovable object. I see two ways to overcome this seemingly paradoxical situation: the objects will pass through eachother without touching as nothing is truly solid; or the unstoppable force would push through reality itself to continue moving once it meets the immovable object, possibly forming a black or worm hole.

The Asherlee Paradox- Asherlee has a thread that is currently stickied. It was made to teach people how to make threads in a way in which they will not be locked. That thread is locked.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I remember this and this thread. When the OP finally fails by using "unmovable" in lieu of "immovable" somethings wrong.

Basically, neither can exist as far as we are aware of. There, done. It's a paradox for a reason.

http://mstaken.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/song-chart-memes-boy-paradox.jpg

qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

But a big paradox is when your future self visits you. In the future, you never know when you should go back in time so you chicken out and never go. Then your future self would have never visited you in the first place.

All these ime travel paradoxes are not paradoxes because time trave is not possible but even if it was then I personally feel that an alternative universe would have been created with your old one now blocked off to you. Or possibly you could go back to it knowing that in another universe it went OK.
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

[quote=Dragonblaze052]The Asherlee Paradox- Asherlee has a thread that is currently stickied. It was made to teach people how to make threads in a way in which they will not be locked. That thread is locked.[/quote]
I could only laugh after I read this. That was pretty creative.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

I had a paradox to mention but I forgot it just when I was a about to type...

Yeah so i said that a while ago and now I remembered it.

Snapple Fact #1- Not all Snapple Facts may be true.

start Brainstorming.
Showing 1-15 of 48