The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernAll nighters

43 4958
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

This is the thread to share your all nighter storys.
This thread is also for sharing your tactics to pulling off an all nighter.

I am currently pulling of an all nighter right now as i type this btw on a school night.

• 43 Replies
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Longest I've stayed awake is forty-something hours. But I rarely pull all nighters since I need my sleep. I don't want to be falling asleep in finals exams or something like that.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I just couldn't sleep, even if I wanted to I doubt I would've been able to.

Ever heard of sleeping pills? Well, those come in handy when you can't sleep at night. Although it's not good to take them every time you aren't able to sleep, I'd recommend doing some physical activities so that you run out of energy, then get tired and go to sleep.
I don't really do my school work as much as I should, so maybe there is a reason I don't mind it

DO MOAR WORK!111!!!!!1
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Its been my experience that staying up all night is better suited for work with an end... like uber huge ACS standard Quantitative Chemical Analysis lab reports... or term papers for Survey of Brit Lit... or papers in general. I find it a lot more difficult to be able to study info all night and to then be able to use it and apply it with criitical thinking on an exam... whether I'm drinking energy drinks or just coasting on my own adrenaline. but everyone's different... so your experience may differ. ...its best to pre... prepare so that you don't have to do that to yourself. Its true that some people can adjust themselves to it over time... but when ur not used to it then it can mess you up something fierce.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Ever heard of sleeping pills?

I used to do a little work out before I tried to go to sleep, never really worked....

DO MOAR WORK!111!!!!!1

o.O
Why.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

My only tips would be make sure you have something to kepp you occupied, and NEVER get too relaxed. the moment you feel too relaxed, you can't get that feeling away and the only temporary cure is maybe an enrgy supplement or two. Personally, I am almost immune to caffeine and sugar at this point, but what I do find to work is Iced Tea from any gas station (real Iced Tea doesn't work :/). Ot tastes very good, has less sugar than pop, and leaves a good aftertaste that keeps you rmouth minorly stimulated.

Also, gum. having something to chew on and/or drink (never, ever milk) always helps a little bit.

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Play some fps game. It helps staying awake. Although one time I played for a while I was spacing out.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I have my emergency caffeine stash in case of all-nighters presenting themselves to me, if I don't have too much work to do and it's just an all-nighter talking to friends then I have my emergency anime list that I know will help keep me awake and besides all that - my sleep schedule is so messed up that an all-nighter is usually pretty easy for me.

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
703 posts
Nomad

im in middle of an all-nighter right now
its 1:30 AM, but I dont know if I will last all night cuz I have a messed up bed schedule and last night I went to sleep at 4:00 AM
so Im pretty tired
Already had 3 cups of coffee and On my fourth now.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

yeah i'd take caffeine or gatorade to stay up. never done but will anticipate it when i have to. whether it be for fun or for school work. hopefully for fun...

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

This is the second time in about a week that I have a case of deja vu... I also posted on a thread exactly like this the first day I signed up for AG, like what happened a week ago.

I guess history repeats itself.

Anyway, I guess I'd recommend caffeine, and maybe some sugary food or drinks.

WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

My tips for all nighters are drink lot's of caffeine and do something really entertaining, like playing a shooter game on the hardest difficulty or something like that. It's already close to midnight where I live so I guess I'm pulling off one.. My history of all nighters include me and my friends watching some old action movies and playing shooters. I just drank about ten cans of coke in the last two hours also.

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Exercise a lot. If you get your heartbeat up it will help you stay up.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Exercise a lot. If you get your heartbeat up it will help you stay up.

For a short time your heartbeat will be going fast. But after that times up you usually get tired because of all the energy you just gave out.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Doing a all nighter tonight to play LA noire after the midnight release and try the new Fallout DLC
I go for bright lights and cold water after some coffee and volume up high.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

If I can stay awake playing COD until about 11 (only once in a while and on Fridays), I can usually stay up until morning (haven't tried yet, though).

Showing 16-30 of 43