The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernAll nighters

43 4957
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

This is the thread to share your all nighter storys.
This thread is also for sharing your tactics to pulling off an all nighter.

I am currently pulling of an all nighter right now as i type this btw on a school night.

• 43 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

I seem to be able to solve these all nighters by rubbing my face with ice cold water every hour or so. this allowed my to stay up for 36 straight hours (that amount of time is harrowing, but if you can pull it off, you have my props).

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

I never stayed up late only to 1 in the morning but that was cause I was at a party so of course I'm staying up. But I think the best thing to do is either shove your head into ice water or take a cold shower.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

this allowed my to stay up for 36 straight hours (that amount of time is harrowing, but if you can pull it off, you have my props).

My record is somewhere between 50 and 60 hours. The last 15 or so weren't fun and I couldn't sleep during them or I would have. Luckily the first 35-45 I was hanging out with friends playing videos games and pool and generally being a teenager. However the crash at the end of that was horrible, I fell asleep while walking through my living room and fell face first on the floor.
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

My record is somewhere between 50 and 60 hours. The last 15 or so weren't fun and I couldn't sleep during them or I would have. Luckily the first 35-45 I was hanging out with friends playing videos games and pool and generally being a teenager. However the crash at the end of that was horrible, I fell asleep while walking through my living room and fell face first on the floor.

I have to say, you're better at that than I was. now I have a goal to compete with. I'll tell you how it goes.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I play Ipod under the covers or read a book till my parents are asleep. Then I close the door and put a blanket in the crack. I then play CoD till 1:30, then I do something from 1:30 to 2:30, then I flag spam from 2:30 to 3:30. Then I do homework from 3:30 till at most 4:30. Then from 4:30 to 5:30 I do whatever I like, then from 5:30 to about 7:00 I watch some tv show on Megavideo or Youtube, then I get up. Drink 1 small sip of Red Bull (or some other energy drink every hour so you don't crash. I have pulled over 20 all-nighters using this strategy, but doing different things.

Good luck!

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

I play Ipod under the covers or read a book till my parents are asleep. Then I close the door and put a blanket in the crack. I then play CoD till 1:30, then I do something from 1:30 to 2:30, then I flag spam from 2:30 to 3:30. Then I do homework from 3:30 till at most 4:30. Then from 4:30 to 5:30 I do whatever I like, then from 5:30 to about 7:00 I watch some tv show on Megavideo or Youtube, then I get up. Drink 1 small sip of Red Bull (or some other energy drink every hour so you don't crash. I have pulled over 20 all-nighters using this strategy, but doing different things

Jeez, that's professional
Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

I have to say, you're better at that than I was. now I have a goal to compete with. I'll tell you how it goes.

I don't ever plan on staying up that long ever again, and I don't recommend it.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I would do something like Ghgt did, but I don't have an Xbox in my room. Or a computer. :/

But yeah, caffeinated drinks are quite a good idea if you plan on going all the way.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

I don't ever plan on staying up that long ever again, and I don't recommend it.

lol are you sure? could you give me any pointers cuz I'll need this method to survive college till my off days. I'm not in college yet, but it would be a good idea to learn how to do this.
DeadlyVelociraptor
DeadlyVelociraptor
3,415 posts
Nomad

DnD, Heroes of Might and Magic 5, munchkin and randomly reading sci fi books.

Had some of those.

I also used to have this tradition with my cousin that we would stay up all night watching the LOTR trilogy (which is- added up- about 10 hours).

But yeah, no all nighters for studying.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I've tried to pull all-nighters. The closest I've ever come to doing so happened to be times where I wasn't even trying to stay up; I just couldn't sleep.

But I've never actually pulled an official "all-nighter". No, I don't get tired; I just get bored. I don't usually enjoy the anticlimacticness of going to bed, but when I've run out of things to do, sleeping sounds pretty good.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

But yeah, no all nighters for studying.

Seriously, I hear all of these stories of cramming before a test, I figured if I knew the technique, then I could put even more info in starting at an earlier time frame.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

caffeinated drinks are quite a good idea if you plan on going all the way.

Actually, you should do that when you start getting tired. It's not wise to drink them when you're not that tired, because then you'll crash.
Showing 31-43 of 43